Author Topic: 5 interceptions in the first half. Is that the most UTEP thing or what?  (Read 1364 times)

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
  • Explosives Engineer
    • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I’m not even sure I can be mad.

lieb

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: 5 interceptions in the first half. Is that the most UTEP thing or what?
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We are UTEP!  Did you know that we have a third quarterback not named Metz that can actually throw and pass.  But I don't think his interception to pass rating is high enough to get him past the two who seem to have pictures of Dimel with a goat.

liebestraum

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 05:09:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We are UTEP!  Did you know that we have a third quarterback not named Metz that can actually throw and pass.  But I don't think his interception to pass rating is high enough to get him past the two who seem to have pictures of Dimel with a goat.

A goat and whipped cream along with a bong.

lieb

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 05:11:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • LOL

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 06:36:11 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This is a very UTEP thing.  I think when I first checked in as the game was in progress, our starting QB was 0-2 with 2 INT.  That is so UTEP, there should be a category of plays named after us.

"So Bob, the fighting goatherds of western west virginia have given up touchdowns on each of their first two defensive plays, and two pick sixes on their first two offensive plays.  The score is currently 28-0 with 2 minutes gone in the game.  This is a start of truly UTEP-ian proportions"

"Come now Jim, don't overstate it.  It's not UTEP-ian yet until the goatherds QB runs the wrong way and scores an upposed safety."

I'm not thrilled with UTEP-ian as the descriptive phrase, maybe Kyyote or someone can come up with something more clever.  Here is where we miss the Rabbit.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 07:18:16 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Remember the post about the absurdities of UTEP football?   It is a living document.  Each season brings new ways to list UTEP Football. The two passes intercepted would be quite a qualifier on its own.  But add two more from the backup and you have something special.  Now you are playing UTEP-ian football in the absurd fashion that only UTEP can play.  But!  Like let's take it up another notch!   BOOM!  Bring back the first guy for one more!  Now, you have gone on a Galactic scale of absurdity!  It is like Super UTEP-ian Absurdity Football!  Might I be so bold as to add this?

We are spending millions of dollars to build custom seating to watch this shit!  How is that for the King of Absurdities!

I suggest a name change from Miners to Absurdities.  Absurdities it much more representative of who we are that Miners.  Logo for the helmets might be a goalpost being thrown over the outside of the stadium because we won a game.  Or maybe a Miner bent over getting a red hot goalpost shoved up his ass while he gives a big shit eating grin!

How's that new coach working out?  Well, he is 1-10, he has two favorite quarterbacks who have shown the natural ability to find ways to lose, another that has been so abused that he medically should not be allowed to walk without bubble wrap around his head, and one more that doesn't have a rattling brain and evidently can't throw interceptions fast enough to get any playing time.  Dimel. oh yeah, he's an Absudity.  A natural.  Who in the fucking world could follow Kugler and take it up a notch?  Dimel.  Only the UTEP Absurdities could find a way to be even worse than 0-12.  Only the UTEP Absurdities could find something stupider than running every play and find a way to be worse.  Seriously, it ain't easy to be worse than Kugler, but Dimel has already established his stupidity as being right up there with Kugler's.  How many of you would play the quarterbacks the way he has?  Raise you hands.  Bueller? Anyone?  What the fuck happens at UTEP?  Does it have its own secret spring of stupid water that is piped into the Durham Center? 

By the way, has anyone, the Times Bret, the Prospector, anyone anywhere asked Senter about the job Dimel is doing?  I know, it is tough getting a chance to ask him because he is busy firing coaches, But how about the coach of the real sport that everyone sees?  That is supposed to generate the money for all of the others?  How's that guy doing?  I want Senter's words at this point to be on the record.

Build custom seats.  I want the names of the dirty sons of bitches that want to pay much more to watch the worst team in football.  Those crazy motherfuckers have convinced UTEP to spend millions on custom seats to watch the worst team in football.  That is a great qualifier for the Absurdities list!

Seriously. Think on that for a while.  Instead of spending the money to get a coach that could win and fill the 50k seats we have, UTEP spends a little, loses more, empties the seats of all but the Society of Masochists weekly meetings at the Sun Bowl, and spends millions of dollars for cushy club boxes to survey the empty bowl and the mayhem taking place on the turf below.  FUCKING UTEP!  We are the Absurdities.
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:01:49 AM by kyyote »

liebestraum

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 03:12:11 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ky -

I know all of us who use this board thank you from time to time for the hard work and effort you put in to keep us all connected.

But now (and especially after reading your most recent cri de coeur), I realize this board also serves to let you vent your frustrations about UTEP.  And, without this board, I am completely convinced there would be several injured/maimed/dead bodies littering the UTEP campus by a person unknown.

We’re here for ya, Ky. 

lieb

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I wonder if the coaches and staff know about this site. Someone should point it out to them, because they probably think that they're doing a great job. At least we tell it like it is. I gave you a plus Ky, because your post was so on point.

On the stadium improvements I doubt that Senter and crew think it'll be used for UTEP games they're more worried about making the Sun Bowl crew look good. WE WANT THE MINERS TO WIN, SENTER. Like they keep telling Charlie Tuna, we don't want a stadium that looks good, we want a stadium that we can go watch the Miners WIN!

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 04:42:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ky -

I know all of us who use this board thank you from time to time for the hard work and effort you put in to keep us all connected.

But now (and especially after reading your most recent cri de coeur), I realize this board also serves to let you vent your frustrations about UTEP.  And, without this board, I am completely convinced there would be several injured/maimed/dead bodies littering the UTEP campus by a person unknown.

We’re here for ya, Ky. 

lieb

Well, I pretty much quit hunting, and maybe that adds to the problem, but this board does save tv's and computers.  It isn't the losing.  It is how we do it.  It is the cognitive dissonance that drives me crazy!  It is the head-shakingly, jaw dropping, hair pulling way we do things.  Seriously, right now we are instituting a points program to allow UTEP fans the honor of paying more to EARN the right to  watch the losingest football team in the entire country because they took out 5 thousand seats to accommodate the building of luxury seats.  It is like UTEP football is a never ending commercial of "That's not right!" moments.  UTEP football is a twisted version of Through the Looking Glass for Miners fans.

I do thank you all for allowing me to vent/seek some kind of explanation or understanding. 

I wonder if the coaches and staff know about this site. Someone should point it out to them, because they probably think that they're doing a great job. At least we tell it like it is. I gave you a plus Ky, because your post was so on point.

On the stadium improvements I doubt that Senter and crew think it'll be used for UTEP games they're more worried about making the Sun Bowl crew look good. WE WANT THE MINERS TO WIN, SENTER. Like they keep telling Charlie Tuna, we don't want a stadium that looks good, we want a stadium that we can go watch the Miners WIN!

Mojo, every week I see Dimel's grinning face on video of his Monday press conference and I seriously think bad things.  The greatest moment I have ever experienced in the Sun Bowl was when it was packed and literally shaking from the UTEP football fans.  I have never, and will never spend a penny to support the Cartel and the Sun Bowl Game.  It pains me that I am forced to choose between supporting my home town and supporting the enemies of my hometown team.

minerfan_14

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 05:28:27 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Looks like Ky is still in a cranky mood. Please, explain to me why you are so pissed with this coaching staff at 1-10?

You, as I am sure as part of the “avid” fan group knew this was a D 2 team in all but name only. This staff is working with what it has. Seems like you expected a miracle of sorts.

You criticize Senter for firing Cross (only 1 NCAA appearance/win) in his tenure (I was a sophomore) and in volleyball firing their coach after a a losing year but how dare Senter not do anything in Dimal’s 1st year.

Please, explain your grand vision of UTEP athletics.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:30:24 PM by minerfan_14 »

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 05:46:51 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Looks like Ky is still in a cranky mood. Please, explain to me why you are so pissed with this coaching staff at 1-10?

You, as I am sure as part of the “avid” fan group knew this was a D 2 team in all but name only. This staff is working with what it has. Seems like you expected a miracle of sorts.

You criticize Senter for firing Cross (only 1 NCAA appearance/win) in his tenure (I was a sophomore) and in volleyball firing their coach after a a losing year but how dare Senter not do anything in Dimal’s 1st year.

Please, explain your grand vision of UTEP athletics.

" Please, explain to me why you are so pissed with this coaching staff at 1-10? "  Seriously?

"You, as I am sure as part of the “avid” fan group knew this was a D 2 team in all but name only. This staff is working with what it has. Seems like you expected a miracle of sorts."  A swing and a miss!  Strike two.  I actually have been quite clear about my belief in the talent and the cupboard not being bare.

As for the firing of the soccer coach and the volleyball coach, I have known the soccer coach for years and he ran a very clean, competitive program.  But, I don't mind him demanding more so much as crickets about the football team. 

I have been posting on this board for about 15 years or so, so stick around or take notes in the future about my vision.

Btw, welcome to the board.

minerfan_14

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 05:56:34 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yea. If the previous board didn’t delete my profile I would’ve signed in as minerfan05(previous websitendis take a hit, no?). I remember meeting you at a tailgate at the engineering lawn.

Just because you knew the soccer coach doesn’t mean that he should be given a blank check for “normalcy”. Trust me, I did love the fact he beat UT but went stale.

If you were quite clear about the cupboard being clear, then why are you asking for Dimal to be held to the same standard as Cross 1 year in?  It’s been apparent in previous posts on this board you are no fan of Dimal, and, actually want him gone.

Btw, I hope Z man is still an occasional visitor here. Maybe I might see you again next year Kyote.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Definitely Dimel should be on a short leash, but trajectory seems positive.  I agree it is incomprehensible that we continue to put all our hopes on Locksley.  What could our record be if we actually gave the best QB the reins.

I do have to say we seem substantially better than last year.  We are not rolling over and dying.  Our defense is putting in at least a decent half in most games.  Sadly this is an improvement.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 07:27:35 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • As for Dimel being gone, I'm not sure I want him gone.  His whole way he has used his quarterbacks, his quarterback situation has left me very unimpressed.  The play of the defense has been pretty good, and the defense is working from the same cupboard.  I believe the cupboard had enough in it to win a bunch of games this year, but the play from the qb position has killed us.  Do you realize we have another quarterback besides Locksley Metz and Jones?  We do and he has even played a tiny bit because he was all that was left.  Could he be better than Locksley or Jones?  He couldn't be any worse!  So, it is Dimel's responsibility to put a quarterback on the field to win and Dimel has failed miserably.  Do I want him gone?  What I want is wins.  Dimel's failure to have a quarterback that is at least adequate leaves me very unimpressed.  Ask yourself if you think the offense or the cupboard from which the offense comes would be better, maybe good enough to have won games with any one of the quarterbacks we have played against this year.  How many games could the Miners have won with the Northern Arizona quarterback playing for us.  Ask yourself how many games we might have won this year if we had any of the 11 quarterbacks we have played against.  And that is Dimel's fault.  So, I am not happy with the team at 1 and 10.  I believe with a decent quarterback we should have at least three or four more wins with the same cupboard.  Do I want him goen?  What I want is a coach that can field a winning team and to not have a quarterback that he plays that is up to par with any other qb in the league is pretty damned bad. 

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I personally think that what you want to see out of your program is improvement.  Dimel inherited this roster and he was able get both sides to produce at higher levels:

-  2017 total offense: 231 yards per game. 
    -  2018 total offense: 319 yards per game.

38% improvement.

-  2017 Offensive Points Per Game:  11.8. 
    -  2018 Offensive Points Per Game:  18.6.

58% Improvement.

- 2017 total defense: 447 yards per game.
    - 2018 total defense: 396 yards per game(currently ranked 64th in the entire country).

13% improvement.

- 2017 defensive points given up per game:  37.
    - 2018 defensive points given up per game:  32(currently ranked in the top 100).

16% improvement.

- 2017 wins:  0
    - 2018 wins:  1

Funny thing is that Dimel is praised for improving the defense, when in reality he has actually improved the offense much more dramatically than he has improved the defense.