Author Topic: Wow! BB Team s Perhaps In A Little Better Shape Than We Thought  (Read 681 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Wow! BB Team s Perhaps In A Little Better Shape Than We Thought
« on: November 07, 2018, 06:07:41 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • 90 to 63 win to start the season.  I understand it wasn't Duke, but sometimes we struggle to get the team on he same page.  Looks like Terry had that figured out.  Go Miners!

stanman505

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    Re: Wow! BB Team s Perhaps In A Little Better Shape Than We Thought
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:25:55 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The team wasn't even on the same page last night, but the superior talent showed. EZ is great offensively but gets lost a lot on defense. Kaosi is the opposite and is a rim protector. Stats only listed him with two blocks but I counted 5, not to mention the additional 5 more he altered. We miss Hawkins and we were not able to press like CRT wants to because of that. Dekonick has a good mid range game but he is just like Flaggart was.

MinnieMe MinErnie

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 07:19:09 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I liked the way the guards and forwards were passing the ball to the bigs in the paint. Both bigs know what to do with it when they get the ball.

BREVO

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 09:02:43 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I hope CRT uses his bench more, playing 7 or 8 players is going to be tough on them.  I know it’s a young team and they all need the minutes, however with foul trouble he’s going to have to go deeper into his bench. 

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 09:44:10 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UTPB was not a very good team. They had only 1 good player. We also couldn't get the ball in the paint very often. Which means our bigs don't know how to body position very well. Guards needed to penetrate in order to get a big open. Lathon also couldn't get his game going. Thomas was in foul trouble all night, which means he was not a big factor. We also are not very good at free throws, again.
    While those were the challenges, the Miners had a lot of upside. Our bigs are strong and athletic in the paint. Our forwards are very active, can rebound, and are not bad at defending. Our guards have a great command of this with a combo of ball skills, speed, and vision. While the Miners could have done what they wanted the last 10min of the game, they also need to improve.

Terry) + I like his style of play & passion for coaching kids. - he's got little to work with this year.

EZ) + good paint protector & blocker. - no post moves or shot on offense.
    Odigie) + good post moves & has a soft shot. - little defensive skills.
    Dekonic) + OK shot & good movement. - free throws, defense, weak hands. (reminds me of Flaggert)
    Thomas) + good shot, Driving ability, & OK Defense. - still can't seem to settle down with fouls.
    Lathon) + most talented on court w/speed, rebounding, & vision. - bad shooting & seemed confused.
    McGee) + best ball skills on team & a good shoot. - needs to drive more & feed bigs.
    Gilyard) + speed, shooting, driving, & improved D. - gets careless & needs to protect rock better.

Two others came in very late, but not enough to read skills.

It's going to be a long season. I think if we focus on kids development and not wins/losses, we will be fine. On a side note, I like this team better than last years. Last year we had better players & experience, but this team has unbridled talent and are accomplishing more with less.

"He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.