Author Topic: Has There Ever Been A More Perfect Half of Football That Demonstrates Miner and  (Read 1933 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Aggie football?

The Gang That Can't Shoot Straight Meets The Other Gang That Can't Shoot Straight.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If the Miners pull this pillow fight out, it very well might be the last of the year.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

MinnieMe MinErnie

• Prospector
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The smell of Natalicio, Stull an Kooooogler is still in the air. Will take some time, while everyone else passes us by.

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • THEY DIDNT AND WE WONT.  EVER.

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This was a pretty big recruiting weekend for Dimel.  He lost the battle tonight, but still has a chance to win the war for the long term.
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:25:04 PM by UTEPDefense »

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This was a pretty big recruiting weekend for Dimel.  He lost the battle tonight, but still has a chance to win the war for the long term.

Please elaborate?  What did we achieve in football recruiting?

Maybe this is all part of Dimel's master plan so no one can say he won with the previous coach's players? /sarc

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • No, there is no conspiracy from Dimel which is losing these games.  The previous coaching staff could not win with these players, the interim coaching staff last year could not win with these players, and now thus far the new coaching staff can not win with these players.  It’s rather obvious why we are losing and there is no sarcastic “master plan” to it.

Our program needs more talent and more play makers.  We probably won’t take a big step forward until that happens. My suggestion was simply that if Dimel can sign 3 or 4 of the 3 star recruits that he had visiting this weekend, then that might be the most vital result from this weekend, even more important than the game itself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't think we lost because we had less talent than NMSU.  If you looked at the stats we just killed them.  Except, they killed us.  Not because they were better or had more talent.  They won because we played UTEP football.  And, I am not just raggin' on the team.  We would rip off yards on the ground in big chunks be not be able to get two yards in three tries?  We are down seven and get the ball back and run the ball during the last minute.  Just weird shit where we like go fifty yards in two plays and then backwards thirty.  There was a quarterback battle going on until the kickoff of the first game, Metz is a passing quarterback with all kinds of experience trying to pull a game out of his ass, but we stay with Locksley.  But, the offensive line, evidently is good enough to control the clock for 48 minutes, run all over the Sun Bowl(except the no go end zones) but can't get a yard when they need it, but at least they have no idea of how to pass block.  NMSU was pulling sacks out of their ass like condoms out of drug smugglers.  Our talent on defense held Tennessee to a respectable score and were pretty much three or four stuffs and then touchdown.  Most of the time playing pretty good defense until whoops!  I mean our talent killed them in the stats, except for that pesky point tally.  The Aggies won the game but didn't beat us.  The two teams go out and spaz around, swinging their pillows so hard that they throw their shoulders out, hit themselves in the face, pull muscles and never make contact with the other team, purposely.  Occasionally, the run into each other but any hits landed are purely due to luck.   They just happened to come out on top again.  I would like to be able to say that if we played them five more times we would win four of them.  But, I can't.  Because, we are UTEP football.  Saying that we can win one in a row is just talking out of your ass.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • the question about the recruits was serious.  didn't realize we had a bunch of 3 star recruits in.  Hope we get some. 

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • the question about the recruits was serious.  didn't realize we had a bunch of 3 star recruits in.  Hope we get some.

We had at least 5 recruits who are rated 3 stars by 247sports.com take their official visit to UTEP this past weeked.  The five 3 star recruits are:

https://247sports.com/player/tj-goodwin-46035504/

https://247sports.com/player/deion-hankins-46037778/

https://247sports.com/player/khatib-lyles-46040230/

https://247sports.com/Player/Lama-Lavea-46053455/

https://247sports.com/Player/Kelvin-Clemmons-60170

We also had 6’5” Chapin WR Quintavius Workman take his official visit this weekend ( https://247sports.com/player/quintavius-workman-46057594/ ) and Will Williams(a 3 star Baylor commit) may have also officially visited as well, although I am not certain of his visit.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't think we lost because we had less talent than NMSU.  If you looked at the stats we just killed them.  Except, they killed us.  Not because they were better or had more talent.  They won because we played UTEP football.  And, I am not just raggin' on the team.  We would rip off yards on the ground in big chunks be not be able to get two yards in three tries?  We are down seven and get the ball back and run the ball during the last minute.  Just weird shit where we like go fifty yards in two plays and then backwards thirty.  There was a quarterback battle going on until the kickoff of the first game, Metz is a passing quarterback with all kinds of experience trying to pull a game out of his ass, but we stay with Locksley.  But, the offensive line, evidently is good enough to control the clock for 48 minutes, run all over the Sun Bowl(except the no go end zones) but can't get a yard when they need it, but at least they have no idea of how to pass block.  NMSU was pulling sacks out of their ass like condoms out of drug smugglers.  Our talent on defense held Tennessee to a respectable score and were pretty much three or four stuffs and then touchdown.  Most of the time playing pretty good defense until whoops!  I mean our talent killed them in the stats, except for that pesky point tally.  The Aggies won the game but didn't beat us.  The two teams go out and spaz around, swinging their pillows so hard that they throw their shoulders out, hit themselves in the face, pull muscles and never make contact with the other team, purposely.  Occasionally, the run into each other but any hits landed are purely due to luck.   They just happened to come out on top again.  I would like to be able to say that if we played them five more times we would win four of them.  But, I can't.  Because, we are UTEP football.  Saying that we can win one in a row is just talking out of your ass.

This post needs to be framed.  Some real literature shit here, Ky!

lieb

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I just dont see a win coming this year. Teicher sets next weeks game up as we historically play UTSA well. We may have some talent, but the talent can't put it together. I was fooled into buying season tickets this year. I won't be fooled again. I may go to a game or two next year, but my football season ticket says are over until I see proof. Not potential or hope, but wins.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • fuck NMSUx...and feed 'em fish.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I just dont see a win coming this year. Teicher sets next weeks game up as we historically play UTSA well. We may have some talent, but the talent can't put it together. I was fooled into buying season tickets this year. I won't be fooled again. I may go to a game or two next year, but my football season ticket says are over until I see proof. Not potential or hope, but wins.

I feel exactly like you do Chans. I also bought season tickets and since I live way out here in the east side it's a hassle driving all the way to UTEP, finding a parking and walking to the stadium to see a less than mediocre product. I may go to other games this season ONLY because I have season tiks but not for next year. I'm from Missouri...street and I say "show me".

MinerMaestro

• Prospector
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

All time great post, Ky!  LOL! So much truth that it really sucks that it made me laugh this hard but alas, is there anything about UTEP FB in the last 35 yrs that doesn't make us laugh?

"My centre is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking."
    - Gen Ferdinand Foch