Author Topic: verbal commit  (Read 890 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
verbal commit
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We got a verbal commit from a 3-star PG today, Jesse Zarzuela.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: verbal commit
    « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:50:19 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I saw that. I saw some YouTube on the kid & he has some sick ball skills.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 08:27:50 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Another one this morning. Brendan Wenzel, SG 6-5 out of San Antonio.

Jon Rothstein
    ‏Verified account @JonRothstein

Source: 2019 SG Brendan Wenzel (San Antonio native) has committed to UTEP.
    10:11 AM - 21 Sep 2018

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 08:45:52 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • These WERE under the radar kids that have emerged. The Wenzel lic can shoot from anywhere. I also saw YouTube on this kid he looks great. He's playing against much slower kids & poor defense, but the kid hits NBA 3's in games with frequency.
    These kids are proven ball players & not projects. We haven't seen this type of recruiting since Gillespie. Barber mixed proven with projects. Terry is only giving schollies to ballers.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 12:56:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • These WERE under the radar kids that have emerged. The Wenzel lic can shoot from anywhere. I also saw YouTube on this kid he looks great. He's playing against much slower kids & poor defense, but the kid hits NBA 3's in games with frequency.
    These kids are proven ball players & not projects. We haven't seen this type of recruiting since Gillespie. Barber mixed proven with projects. Terry is only giving schollies to ballers.

The fact that this Wenzel kid can shoot nba 3s brought memories of the UTEP-Butler game. The fact that Butler could shoot those 3s so easily is what got UTEP demoralized along with us fans. We had the upper hand under the basket and they knew this so BombsAway was their next strategy. We've NEEDED that for a LONNNNNGGGG time. Hopefully we're headed that way.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

The fact that this Wenzel kid can shoot nba 3s brought memories of the UTEP-Butler game. The fact that Butler could shoot those 3s so easily is what got UTEP demoralized along with us fans. We had the upper hand under the basket and they knew this so BombsAway was their next strategy. We've NEEDED that for a LONNNNNGGGG time. Hopefully we're headed that way.

This.
    The game has changed. Floyd didn't.  CRT gets it.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

This.

I thought Barbee was the coach for that game.  Or am I missing something.

lieb

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 07:49:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • No he isn't anymore. He couldn't do a damn thing with Auburn.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 09:17:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

This.

lieb

That's not what I was trying to say. 
    I think Mojo was referring to the Butler game as an example of how the game has evolved.  I was then pointing out that CTF (last coach) had STILL not figured out that the game had changed -- or didn't care.  But the recruiting of CRT suggests that he gets it.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 05:41:34 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

This.

lieb

That's not what I was trying to say. 
    I think Mojo was referring to the Butler game as an example of how the game has evolved.  I was then pointing out that CTF (last coach) had STILL not figured out that the game had changed -- or didn't care.  But the recruiting of CRT suggests that he gets it.

Gotcha.  Thanks.

lieb