Author Topic: Football  (Read 1333 times)

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
  • Explosives Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Football
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 03:53:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • For me there's only two games that I would insist the Miners win and that's the NAU and Enemas U games. That would be a winnable season for me as the others would be a lesser chance for us to win. First game because a loss would be insulting and the second because it would both be insulting and vengeful. I want us to start the string against them again.

I don’t think a loss to NAU would be insulting.  Disappointing, yes.  FBS teams need to get over this mindset that FCS teams are pushovers.

On the other hand, any loss to NMSU is insulting.  I hope it does not happen ever again.

lieb

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 04:16:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Probably not for someone that teaches at an FCS school but any (any) Div1 fan would feel bad and insulted that their school lost to one. That's always been the case as a matter of fact other D1 schools throw it in the face of the losing D1 school.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 05:59:07 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Probably not for someone that teaches at an FCS school but any (any) Div1 fan would feel bad and insulted that their school lost to one. That's always been the case as a matter of fact other D1 schools throw it in the face of the losing D1 school.

Rice had to come from behind and just barely beat Prairie View A&M yesterday. (31-28?). This is what the UTEP/NAU game could look like.  Again, I don’t think it will because a new HC tends to give players a new chance to prove themselves.  But UTEP needs to be ready.

lieb

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I heard saturday from some UTEP friends that Nau was favored at first but now we are, but by how many I don't remember by how much. Let's hope we win.

It's a good thing that Nau is bringing the band and some fans as it's a holiday and the Chihuahuas are playing that night too. That upsets me a bit but perhaps if we win they'll come to the next game against the Laggies.