Author Topic: How many have bought their season tiks for Miners football?  (Read 691 times)

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
How many have bought their season tiks for Miners football?
« on: April 16, 2018, 10:14:18 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm ready to see a new era in our football fortunes. I hope our chest turns up gold and is not empty.  8)

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: How many have bought their season tiks for Miners football?
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:56:55 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm gonna buy, but I don't anticipate more than 4 wins. On a good note, thats 400 times better than last year.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Already renewed mine and I also kicked in a small donation on top for the football program.  That extra donation option will appear as part of the renewal process when you renew on-line.  I then got a Thank You card from Coach Dimel a week or so later.  I would encourage everybody to do the same.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We have six home games this year.  Start with Northern Arizona just to get off on the right foot.  Then UNLV there, and they are just the right kind of team to test some without being a money game to beat us up.  We go to Rocky Top to pick up a pallet of cash.  We get the wild-eyed Aggies coming off of their first success in eons but we will get to dash their dreams just as it should be.  By this time, 3 wins and a loss to Tennessee gives us the momentum and shock factor to overwhelm an unsuspecting SA team.  North Texas shows up in the Sun Bowl ready.  We are now on the radar, but also by now, the people of El Paso show up for the chance of being a part of something special.  Miners drop a landslide on them.  The team is now on fire within and without.  A trip to LA Tech is a downright dogfight.  Tech wins but the Miners now know that they can go toe to toe with bruisers.  It comes at just the right time as the Miners return to the Sun Bowl for another 60 minutes of trench warfare with UAB, who finds that UTEP, when the fans are out in force is now handing out the hurt.  A trip to Houston and the Miners prove too much for the hooters of Rice.  We head home for the game of the year.  Middle Tennessee comes in for some high octane football and catch us just out of time to get the last score and give us a tough loss at home.  Maybe.  This is a game we could end up winning, too.  The trip back east to Western Tucking is too many time zones.  Back to the Sun Bowl to finish up the season Southern Miss shows up.  I think they just always play us tough and they do it again.  Maybe.  This one depends on whether or not the team has already decided they have done enough or if they are crazy with their newly found power. 

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm gonna buy, but I don't anticipate more than 4 wins. On a good note, thats 400 times better than last year.

I hate to be that guy, but.......

it is infinity times better since we didn't win any games last year (# games won differential between 2018 & 2017)/(# games won in 2017) = 4 (your prediction)/(0 games won) = undefined or infinity.  So it is even better!

Heck, winning ONE game would be infinity times better.  We really do have nowhere to go but up.

lieb

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 11:22:42 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • In my wife's quest to wring a dollar out of a rock she bought our tickets through the payment plan and now we find out that they charge $5 dollars per person more. So instead of paying $110.00 you pay $120.00. So be forewarned in case you or someone who likes to save money by going this route you will pay $5 dollars more per person.    :P

Jobu

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 08:22:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

I hate to be that guy, but.......

it is infinity times better since we didn't win any games last year (# games won differential between 2018 & 2017)/(# games won in 2017) = 4 (your prediction)/(0 games won) = undefined or infinity.  So it is even better!

Heck, winning ONE game would be infinity times better.  We really do have nowhere to go but up.

lieb

I was gonna be that guy if you hadn’t. 😄

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 09:28:34 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You snooze, you lose, Jobu. It's awesome to have earned the right to be negative & ridiculous. As long as you pay and support, you too can be a border line Troll.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.