Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 16047 times)

Dawgma

• Prospector
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2018, 07:45:12 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't know if everyone is up to date or not but according to their twitter accounts basketball recruits  Isaac Likekele wont make his decision till Friday and Kaosi Ezeagu wont do it till next week on Wednesday.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #61 on: May 10, 2018, 05:44:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So...,

Likekele is supposed to make his decision tomorrow. Tech twitter accounts are guaranteeing he will be a Raider. With what that team last year, how can you say no. I'm hoping the fact that oyher kids will get the start and eat at his playing time his first two years will change his mind. Other than that, he will be playing with a proven coach and superior players.
    My view on Lekekele is it would be great to have him, but we also have some pretty good SG/SF right now.
    The Canadian we must have. The kid will be the difference between a good year and year to grow on. We are competing with Western Michigan, Butler, and S. Carolina. While the two better teams are not pushing as hard, it still will be a tough get. He is scheduled to makemhis pick sometime next week.

Personally, I love how Terry is not just going after big time kids, but is getting there interest. UTEP should be a top mid major like Gonzaga, Wichita St, St.Marys, etc. Our management lost sight of that after Rabs. We need glory back. This school and this town are fantastic and deserve it. I truly believe that if a mid major wins a championship in this age of the Power 5, then it will tilt the scales in the mid majors favor and the NCAA will have to account for it and make changes. The NBA going 2yrs college or even No college will be a good step. IMHO
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #62 on: May 13, 2018, 07:40:53 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Alvarez lists his top 3 & they are all in Florida in which UTEP is a better school than those 3 combined. Kid obviously wants to stay close to home. I wish him well, we move on. We don't need a back court right now & Terry knows it. We need big men in a big way (pun intended).
    Even if we land Ezeagu, we still need 2 more big men. We have 1 unproven Frosh Center and that is it. Thomas can't play PF based on last years activity. I hope he is really serious about a few JUCOs or Grad trans.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #63 on: May 14, 2018, 04:51:46 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ezeagu lists W.Michigan, S.Carolina, & UTEP as 3 finalists. S.Carolina doesn't really need the kid. The other 2 really do. Coach Terry better be throwing hookers in his bedroom. He will announce on Wednesday.
    We really need this kid.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: May 14, 2018, 11:06:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • What's with the crickets you assholes? How about some contribution, thoughts, etc.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #65 on: May 15, 2018, 05:40:50 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We need some bigs.  I sincerely hope CRT has something up his sleeve or it will be another long season.  I don't expect a lot out of coach and team this year in terms of wins, just a glimpse of great things to come.  But it will be hard to do that without some beef inside.

Miners1

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: May 15, 2018, 07:39:50 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Did Ezeagu say exactly what time he'll be announcing his decision tomorrow?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #67 on: May 15, 2018, 11:00:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Did Ezeagu say exactly what time he'll be announcing his decision tomorrow?
    Don't know, but this current squad needs help inside. He would be the biggest big man pick up since Caracter.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: May 16, 2018, 04:44:33 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • What's with the crickets you assholes? How about some contribution, thoughts, etc.

Good point.  I wish I had something worthwhile to add, but I don’t.  I do appreciate all the info you’ve been posting, though.  Many thanks.

lieb

stanman505

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: May 16, 2018, 06:18:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Kaosi will announce his decision via Instgram today at 6.  Not sure what time zone that may be.  I actually think he will be coming to UTEP.  Only speculation on my part for a couple of reasons.
    1. He posted something with pictures of him in uniforms from all thee schools and he had a big smiles in the UTEP and South Carolina pictures.
    2. He mentioned on Instgram yesterday that the love he got from fans on twitter helped him make his decision.  UTEP fans were way more active in this area
    3. He was wearing Nike in his latest Instgram video and UTEP is the only one of the three schools that has a Nike contract.

Hopefully I am not reading too much into things but when you have to wait, speculation is always fun.

Miners1

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #70 on: May 16, 2018, 07:29:10 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.  Go Miners! ⛏

gumby

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: May 16, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Kaosi Ezeagu is not a take for South Carolina. Has not been for some time. I am a member of SC 247 site.

gumby

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #72 on: May 16, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • SC wants to fill the center position with a instate player DJ Burns who reclassified to 2018. https://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Burns-90322. I believe Frank Martin really liked Kaosi Ezeagu.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: May 16, 2018, 11:25:02 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • SC wants to fill the center position with a instate player DJ Burns who reclassified to 2018. https://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Burns-90322. I believe Frank Martin really liked Kaosi Ezeagu.
    Welcome back, Gumby. It's been a while.

Anyway, when you play for CUSA, you get to travel a whole lot more and see more cultures. Texas, Florida, Virginia, and everywhere in between. Along with a few west coast tourneys and non conference match ups. W. Mich will stay up North, while SEC stays in the South. If you want to travel, you come to CUSA.

Haskins Fan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #74 on: May 16, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Eze will announce his decision today at 6 PM eastern time.

Go Miners...