Author Topic: 4Star Commits  (Read 1194 times)

kuhlero

• Prospector
  • UTEP MINERS!
    • View Profile
4Star Commits
« on: January 15, 2018, 09:39:56 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • "Regardless"- My Tio Tencho

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    Re: 4Star Commits
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:40:32 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • https://twitter.com/stevekaplowitz/status/953080935062360065

Having Locksley come in as a JC All-American and the NJCAA offensive player of the year is a game changer for UTEP. To run Dimel's offense well we needed a dynamic, dual threat QB and we got just that. The fact that he is a mid-year transfer is icing on the cake since he can participate in spring football practice. Really looking forward to football season now.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:21:03 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • https://twitter.com/stevekaplowitz/status/953080935062360065

Having Locksley come in as a JC All-American and the NJCAA offensive player of the year is a game changer for UTEP. To run Dimel's offense well we needed a dynamic, dual threat QB and we got just that. The fact that he is a mid-year transfer is icing on the cake since he can participate in spring football practice. Really looking forward to football season now.
    I agree 100%. A few months ago I was seriously not going to re-up my 4 season tickets, even with Dimel. But, when Canales started busting his tail, I got to the level of skeptical, but still far from convinced. This level of QB turned my ass around, because that caliber of player brings in talent.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 01:19:28 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I had said that when Kugs, Stull and Floyd were still here. Now that I know that they're gone I'll be renewing my season tickets. I want to see this guy and make up my own mind on whether he's all hype or the real McCoy. Remember that Canadian that was supposed to play Basketball and left because he was, Oooooh, so in love? I'll wait till the last minute to buy my tiks and make sure he's staying.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  •  If you mean McSwiggan, he was English.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

EMA884

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Why did Locksley leave UT?

KiddMiner

• Assayer
    • Picks Up!! GO MINERS!!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 07:01:19 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • They moved him to receiver after his redshirt.
    Picks Up!! GO MINERS!!!

Spelunker

• 2017 & 2019 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 08:36:51 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I hear he is on campus.  It would be nice to have verification that he is enrolled and officially a Miner.

Unfortunately the past few years make me gun shy to get all excited.  If true though, this is really gigantic for the program!

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • He is enrolled now. He is officially a Miner. If we can't get another good RB, Dimel's son can make our current backs really good. I hope he picks UTEP.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • He is enrolled now. He is officially a Miner. If we can't get another good RB, Dimel's son can make our current backs really good. I hope he picks UTEP.

Dimels kid doesn't seem like he's interested in being in his dad's team. He's looking at too many teams from the Cabal to give that impression.

I say he's not coming.

I saw this kid form one of our local schools that has the size for it but I can't remember his name. He's huge and in my opinion a full back doesn't need to be fast, just powerful. Because if he's met with one defensive guy he can plowed through them. Look at Moose from the Cowboys, he sure wasn't any speed demon but he sure did the job.