Poll

Will the NMSU Aggies Win the Arizona Bowl?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: December 30, 2017, 09:06:59 PM

Author Topic: Will the NMSU Aggies Win the Arizona Bowl?  (Read 543 times)

Proud El Pasoan

• Worm
    • View Profile
Will the NMSU Aggies Win the Arizona Bowl?
« on: December 27, 2017, 09:06:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Will the NMSU Aggies Win the Arizona Bowl? Surprisingly there are many sports predictions websites that are picking the Aggies to upset Utah State in the Arizona Bowl. Every time UTEP makes a bowl game every one of these sports predictions websites always pick against the Miners because as they usually argue UTEP hasn’t won a bowl game since the 1967 Sun Bowl, yet NMSU hasn’t even been to a bowl game since the 1960 Sun Bowl yet they still pick NMSU to win so go figure on that.

The way I see it, the Mountain West is a better football conference than the Sun Belt and due to Utah State having played a better strength of schedule as was mentioned on Boydsbets so Utah State should get the win:

https://www.boydsbets.com/arizona-bowl-odds/
    « Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:15:31 PM by Proud El Pasoan »

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Will the NMSU Aggies Win the Arizona Bowl?
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I always want this region to do well. My wife is an NMSU graduate, God bless her, & when she's happy, I'm happy. Only an idiot would cheer against the Aggies out of pure hatred. My Miners are always 1st, for the sake of regional pride, I will always root the local team.
    Go Aggies. (I vomited in my mouth a little)
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:21:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Go Aggies. (I vomited in my mouth a little)
    See, even you hate the Ugglies. I understand your predicament but you can count me as one of those that hate those farm boys from the north. If they had to give up sports I wouldn't shed a tear. YOU can if you want but YOUR opinion that ONLY an idiot could cheer against them is non-important in MHO. Screw them and the horse drawn wagon they rode in.

I also congratulate you for cheering them on, it seems you're one of the few who ISN'T an idiot.

Oh, Happy New Year.    ;D

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 04:02:01 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have my moments.
    Hatred has lead to things like crimes against race, religion, etc. Hatred was and is a gateway to major injustices & it is my humanly duty to fight such idiocy.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Proud El Pasoan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 10:57:44 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Only an idiot would cheer against the Aggies out of pure hatred.

Not everyone could care about the Aggies or their success:

https://utep.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-in-case-you’re-lost.7864/

I agree with what was said about when UTEP was nationally ranked in the Mike Price era about not one Aggie fan coming over to say kudos to the Miners fans for their success. There have been a lot of Aggie fans trolls in disguise too in the history of this forum thrashing the city of El Paso. Should the Aggies Win then congrats to them but I don’t want their fans bragging about how they won their bowl game while putting UTEP football down because UTEP failed in their last six bowl games.

This probably will be their last bowl game in a while due to NMSU leaving the Sun Belt to go Independant, meaning that even should they qualify for a bowl game next season it will be difficult for them to receive another bowl invite not having a conference bowl game tie-in until they find a new conference to join.

***Edit*** The link above doesn’t want to hotlink, copy and paste the link instead to view.
    « Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:08:23 PM by Proud El Pasoan »

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 12:26:24 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Don't pay attention to them. I used to use the BLOCK key all the time. I know tons of Aggie fans that are fantastic people. As a matter of a fact, the true Aggie, Lobo, and Miner fans really want the rivalry of the 3 teams to go on. It is super healthy. Let them rub it in. We have been rubbing the football thing in there faces for years. They deserve 1 year out of 50. I bet next year will be back to normal.