Author Topic: UTEP's new OC recruiting in Iowa today.  (Read 2040 times)

EMA884

• Prospector
    • View Profile
Re: UTEP's new OC recruiting in Iowa today.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So are you suggesting he could be a better quarterback than what we have seen and that he was really limited in the system he was in (not given much of a leash to display some of his talent)? 

At the Arizona game this year I sat next to a wide receiver who played for UTEP the past 4 years (2012 through 2016) and it was very interesting to listen to him talk about the quarterbacks that were on the field that night.  Metz was not active for that game, so Greenlee was starting.  As a receiver for these quarterbacks, he had some interesting insight and thoughts.  I'm kind of with UTEPdefense on this one, I think we've seen enough in Metz's time playing to believe that he isn't really getting the job done. 

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I've always been a huge fan of Kavika Johnson playing the QB, but Kuglar always wanted a traditional stand in the pocket QB. That is not NCAA football anymore. You have to have a mobile QB and offer that threat to open up the field. Palmer and Vitatoe were never afraid to run the ball if nothing opened up for them. Our QB issues started when Lamaison started and it has continued ever since.
    Kavika's issue was he didn't have the patience to stand in the pocket a little more. That could have been learned especially if you throw a little West Coast offense in the mix.

I hope Dimel changes that by bringing in a few QB's that have an arm and are light on their feet. Better running backs and receivers would jump at the opportunity to work with QB's like that. 
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 03:36:14 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Metz is not the answer. He can substitute but no to starting.

EMA884

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I wasn't a member of this site when UTEP picked up Greenlee.  I know that he's done playing football for the Miners, but what were some of the opinions of him coming out of Fresno State at the time?  Was there optimism surrounding him? 

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 08:30:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Not really. We all had concerns as to why he left. We found out.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I wasn't a member of this site when UTEP picked up Greenlee.  I know that he's done playing football for the Miners, but what were some of the opinions of him coming out of Fresno State at the time?  Was there optimism surrounding him?

Personally, like with everyone I'm always willing to give a person the benefit of the doubt as I'm doing right now with our new fb coaches. Seeing is believing. With Greenlee I understood that he had some good pub but as it turned out he couldn't pass worth a darn. He was another Kavika in that regard. So, he didn't pass muster with me.