Author Topic: Welcome Dana Dimel The New UTEP Miners Head Football Coach  (Read 1669 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Welcome Dana Dimel The New UTEP Miners Head Football Coach
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:36:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Welcome to UTEP!  Welcome to El Paso.  I can't wait to hear about yours and Senter's first trip to Juarez to involve the "community".  Please take pictures.  You will find that the Mexican food is irresistible and the women of El Paso perhaps even more so, some say .  If you stick to the food you will only get fat.  I am going to be honest.  I was hoping for some kind of blast out of the park homerun and feel like we got a walk.  Of course having gotten used to being no-hit a walk is on base, at least.  I am sorry for the welcome.  I'm just really tired of having horrible football at UTEP and honestly, it doesn't seem like the administration is even trying.  You, are the bullseye  when it comes to having someone to aim our frustration at.  I know it isn't fair.  It is just honest.  But, I am trying to be positive.  Oh, wait a minute!  Why the Hell are you still screwing around preparing for a bowl game when recruiting needs to be done?  Are you thinking that everything is just fine down here and you are just insane, or do you just not give a shit...

the rest is here;

http://www.kyyotesden.com/welcome-dana-dimel-the-new-utep-miners-head-football-coach/

Art Vandelay

• Worm
      • View Profile
    Re: Welcome Dana Dimel The New UTEP Miners Head Football Coach
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'll give you that, his ass should be sitting in the Sun Bowl, not in Manhatten.  He had no biz coaching KSU. When we offered the deal should have been, you have to be here on day 1 or else no thanks. So his son is on the team, big deal, get your ass to UTEP, you are now a UTEP employee.

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:32:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree that he should be here, putting his coaching staff together, and preparing for his upcoming recruiting class.....especially since he said today that he can’t prepare for recruiting until he completes his evalution of all of the players on our current roster.  That makes more sense to me than preparing for a bowl game.

The only thing that I can think, is that he mentioned how we are entering a dead period, so we couldn’t really recruit during this time anyway.  But there are still many other things that he could be doing during this dead period to get our program ready for once the dead period ends.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 06:38:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The fact that he said he is talking to coaches about jobs on his staff now, and that he is already talking to HS and JC coaches about players should be enough evidence that he is working both jobs. Senter is still working for both the Citadel and UTEP until the 15th of this month and yet he hired a coach while juggling the 2 jobs.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 09:22:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So, UTEP is a part time job, or he is working two full time jobs and is capable of doing both, because the two are easy enough that you could do them and another job at the same time or he is so good that he can do two full time jobs without either of them suffering.  He can give 1005 of his attention to UTEP and 100% to K-State at the same time.  Bullshit!  How many of you could do your job and do your bosses job at the same time?  And do it really well? 

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree with Kyyote, he should be here now and 100% of his effort should be towards UTEP.   With no recruiting commits and him being a late hire, our school was already placing our new coach behind other schools.  But instead of starting on day one, we instead hired a guy and allowed him to wait three more weeks before he starts full time.
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:14:21 AM by UTEPDefense »

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So, you're saying that Dimwit is speaking with fork tongue? That we got another politician instead of a football coach? I'm not arguing with you, in fact, I agree. Why can't he leave his current school and as they say in the Price is Right, "Come on down!"

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 11:43:58 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • As for Senter, same damned thing.  You have just been hired, you have no head basketball coach, and a brand new head football coach that is too busy hanging out at his old job that he can't get down here to the dumpster fire.  The basketball team has just begun play and you are not even bothered in the least that it has just had the head coach up and throw in the towel.  You are too damned busy!?  Or is it that things are just fine at old UTEP?  There are more fires to put out here than in California, and you are doing what?  Drinking pina coladas at Trader Vic's?  Ticket sales?  That is obviously not a concern of anyone at UTEP.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 01:13:24 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You guys are all overlooking our history.  Dimel will come in and have a few really good seasons with Kugs players.  We will offer him a 2,385 year contract extension.  Then he will promptly drop to two win seasons as his players come in, finalized by a devastating loss to the NAU lumberjacks women's volleyball team.  He will then get fired, and we will replace him with a "great hire", meaning he came cheap.  Lather rinse repeat.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Also, I think it's really obvious what the criteria for selection was.  Obviously Kug and Stull convinced everyone that the number one problem facing us is that no one wants to come to El Paso.  So the number one criteria was -- "Must be able to identify and recruit the diamonds in the rough that everyone else overlooked and we are their only offer".

When you consider that criteria in the context of the cartel schools, one name comes blasting to the front with the fanfare of a major motion picture.  Bill Snyder.  Maybe one of his guys has learned the secret sauce of identifying the diamonds in the rough, and can duplicate it in El Paso.

So you find one of his proteges who meets your second criteria -- "Must have no where else to go, because lets face it, no one wants to coach this swirling sucking vortex of despair and ruination."

Tada!   One and only one name fits the criteria.  search complete. Must have taken all of 5 minutes on Google.  Check please.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 08:01:54 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So, UTEP is a part time job, or he is working two full time jobs and is capable of doing both, because the two are easy enough that you could do them and another job at the same time or he is so good that he can do two full time jobs without either of them suffering.  He can give 1005 of his attention to UTEP and 100% to K-State at the same time.  Bullshit!  How many of you could do your job and do your bosses job at the same time?  And do it really well?

Bullshit is right but you are the one spreading it. You've been around college football long enough to know how things work during the silly season of musical chairs for coaches. A coach under contract can't leave without the blessing of his employer, you know, the one that is currently paying him. Sometimes they are allowed to leave if the current employer doesn't need them any longer. If a coach is not allowed to leave because the current team will play in the post season, it's normally because they don't feel they have anyone on staff that is competent to step in and do the job. That's the reason the DC at Alabama is having to stay at Alabama instead of going to his new job of HC at Tennessee. Missouri may require Heupel to stay until their bowl is over instead of going to his HC job at UCF. But those and others in the same situation will do their best to hire staff and recruit while staying with the school they have worked for all season.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 09:14:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So UTEP didn't need Bob Stull when he left?  Makes sense.  Poor K-State is going to fall apart without him?  Not according to the fans I read. 

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So UTEP didn't need Bob Stull when he left?  Makes sense.  Poor K-State is going to fall apart without him?  Not according to the fans I read.

Stull stayed with the Miners thru the Independence Bowl. If K State wanted to be rid of Dimel, he would be full time right now at UTEP. If you get all your football info from fans, you will believe a lot of things that are a bit skewed if not downright wrong. I'll go ahead and leave the board for a while since you obviously are determined to remain mad about almost everything. Personally I'm past being mad that we didn't get Keeler or some other fling it all over the place coach. I'm going to wait and see what the results are next season and I'll bet they are better than Kugler's first season and last seasons.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I was 2 years out of UTEP and I could have sworn that he left before the game.  I would still bet $10 bucks, as it seems to have stuck in my mind pretty good, and at my age that says something.  BUT, my wife assures me that I am wrong every once in a while, so if I am(and I couldn't find my proof) then I apologize.  I am just about sure that he did, though.  Maybe not.

I didn't say K State wanted to get rid of him, I don't think.  Again the memory.  I think I said the fans may have.  You mad?  I'm not mad.  I am downright glad happy that you are past being mad that we didn't get whomever you wanted.  I hope that you might express your optimism in this season's upcoming 2nd Annual Pre-Season Prediction Pick Challenge.  Mine may be even more optimistic than yours!  Good luck!

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 03:55:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • And you'd be out $10 bucks for spreading fake news.

"When the team went 10-2 in 1988, Missouri hired him to replace Woody Widenhofer. After accepting the Mizzou job, Stull agreed to coach UTEP in the Independence Bowl, losing to a Southern Mississippi team quarterbacked by a fellow named Brett Favre."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/stull-coaching-tree-gets-another-nfl-head-coach/article_f5f8fa3a-8887-5016-969c-398b764a90c1.html

I was 2 years out of UTEP and I could have sworn that he left before the game.  I would still bet $10 bucks, as it seems to have stuck in my mind pretty good, and at my age that says something.  BUT, my wife assures me that I am wrong every once in a while, so if I am(and I couldn't find my proof) then I apologize.  I am just about sure that he did, though.  Maybe not.

I didn't say K State wanted to get rid of him, I don't think.  Again the memory.  I think I said the fans may have.  You mad?  I'm not mad.  I am downright glad happy that you are past being mad that we didn't get whomever you wanted.  I hope that you might express your optimism in this season's upcoming 2nd Annual Pre-Season Prediction Pick Challenge.  Mine may be even more optimistic than yours!  Good luck!