Author Topic: Any room for this old fool?  (Read 3427 times)

utep2step

• Worm
    • View Profile
Any room for this old fool?
« on: April 12, 2024, 01:24:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • "Miner Insider" is going corporate. An OU and his assistant run the site and there is apparent fighting on Twitter/X going on with the previous admin and which is spilling over to other social media regulars. Not sure if you all have noticed, but social media UT sports fans have banded together and many have set up an online solidarity front. Wish UTEP fans would do the same with out corporate fucking it up

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Any room for this old fool?
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 06:38:47 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • There is always room for old friends. That?s what we are. Except Mojo. He?s kind of a kindness sort of thing we all do for the community. Internet adult babysitting keeps him from wandering off from the home.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 06:48:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • awesome.  welcome.  we're grumpy and bitter but you already know that.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 12:49:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • There is always room for old friends. That?s what we are. Except Mojo. He?s kind of a kindness sort of thing we all do for the community. Internet adult babysitting keeps him from wandering off from the home.

Well yeah! Everyone has to have their village idiot. Sometimes people also give me their leftover lunches. I'm like Mikey, I'll eat anything. As a matter of fact, fact, I just ate my wife's leftover menudo. Yummy.

We also have our village "GET OFF THE GRASS" kind of guy with that old man, Kyyote that can't spell Coyote. "GET OFF THE GRASS!"

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 06:40:17 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Speaking of Menudo, last week I drove to El Paso on Thursday and back on Saturday.  I stopped in Van Horn for gas at the Chevron by the McDonalds.  They also serve food.  Everyone seated was eating menudo.  It smelled great and everyone said it was good.  I would have had some but I was in a rush to return to Austin and couldn't take a chance of it making it through my system prematurely. 

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 12:20:48 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Speaking of Menudo, last week I drove to El Paso on Thursday and back on Saturday.  I stopped in Van Horn for gas at the Chevron by the McDonalds.  They also serve food.  Everyone seated was eating menudo.  It smelled great and everyone said it was good.  I would have had some but I was in a rush to return to Austin and couldn't take a chance of it making it through my system prematurely.

If you're ever back to El Paso I've found that Flores Meat Market which is also a restaurant sells very good menudo. I used to buy it at Valentines Bakery but it wasn't consistent, it was either too watery, too hot, not enough meat or too much, or bland. I guess they didn't have a regular recipe and didn't follow the ingredients well. Plus, it was always full to the gills. At Flores you always get the same thing every time. I buy three large containers and put them in the freezer so that I don't have to go every Saturday. It's our Saturday breakfast menu. Flores is across Cici's Pizza on Zaragosa close to the Big Walmart. Try it you'll like it.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 08:42:07 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • And pull up you damned pants!

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 11:43:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nice to hear from you again 2step. Always a solid supporter of UTEP so glad you came over from the dark side.

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 11:15:12 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Welcome back, 2Step! Picks up!🤙🤙
    Let's go Brandon!