Author Topic: Thoughts on FC Appearance Topless and Orange  (Read 2141 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Thoughts on FC Appearance Topless and Orange
« on: February 23, 2024, 06:58:44 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I?m going to hold off until I hear from y?all.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    Re: Thoughts on FC Appearance Topless and Orange
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 07:47:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Being an old guy I don?t really get the over the top antics. But his enthusiasm and energy is just him as his wife and his players attest. It?s one reason this first recruiting class was ranked #1 in CUSA by some of the ranking services. UTEP has never previously had the best class in the conference, not even close. So if it all translates to a winning football program with a frequently full Sun Bowl, I?ll take it.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 10:05:05 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • He's going after the student body and trying to entice them into being football fans. I really like his enthusiasm and that's what's needed at Utep again. Other years it was fuddy duddy John Stull type of who cares sports. Stull and his coaching staff had the pep of Joe "Ol' Foggy" Biden.

I can't wait for football and see how it pans out.

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 09:57:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Absolute 🔥🔥🔥!
    I cannot wait for football season!
    This kind of passion is EXACTLY what we need!
    It?s turning heads across the country!
    https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3504714/gotta-get-the-people-going-utep-football-coach-shows-up-to-hoops-game-in-body-paint-goes-berserk-trying-to-distract-free-throw-shooters

Go Miners!! Picks up!! 😎🤙🤙🔥⛏️🔥⛏️
    Let's go Brandon!

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 08:41:42 AM »
  • [applaud]1
  • [smite]0
  • I am old and cranky, I suppose.  I have seen UTEP go from top level second tier conferences to the conference thrown together for survival.  And we are terrible in it!  The shape and outlook for UTEP Athletics is by far the absolute worst it has been in my nearly half century as a Miner.  I am absolutely sure that Joe Golding is a fine fellow.  But, maybe I am crazy too, I expect our head coach to be one thing, champion coach of our championship teams.  He hasn't been close, with no sign of getting close, and I believe the talent has gone down, not up.

As for the new football head coach.  Basketball is played indoors and coaches can play along with the "entertainment" aspect.  Football is different.  It is war.  It is serious, as a heart attack.  It is not fun. It is grim.  Trench warfare!  You want George S. Patton not P.T. Barnum leading the men.  Just like war, battles fought are measured in who won.  Winning is the absolute single thing that matters.  Education, yada, yada, yada.  Everyone builds character and gets an education.  Lovely.  If they hold the G.E. College Bowl and UTEP is going against anyone I will be rooting for my school.  But this is football and winning is the only thing that matters.  Force me to take naps while you win and that is all the "fun" and excitement I need. Bring in the fucking circus and monster trucks for halftime and lose the damned football game and I'm gonna want to kick you in the nuts for losing the damned game.  Wins.  Wins.  That is all I want from the head coach.  If he wins and dresses silly, I wont care.  Win is the only thing that counts.  700 yards of offense and lose is NOT FUCKING FUN!  200 yards and winning is fun.  I hate entertaining losing.  It is the worst.  We are losers but having fun being losers?

Put your fucking shirt on!  Get to work getting the wins ready.  If you have to do antics to attract winners they weren't winners.  Winning motivates winners.  Win the conference championship and then if you want to celebrate it by going topless and painting yourself orange it is a whole different thing.  When you win, you can be crazy.  If you lose and are acting crazy, it isn't crazy so much as stupid.  Win games.  That is all.  You win, you do your job-win! and you won't believe the fans excitement.  They will show you new levels of fun and excitement you can't imagine.  You just win.  Win.  That is all.  Not one game and get crazy.  You just win.  When the fans start getting crazy from your winning, let them!  You just keep winning.  I don't want to see your face because you are too busy working on winning.  Got it.  When you have won so much that you have time to win and do other things we'll talk. 
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 09:02:18 AM by kyyote »

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 10:19:41 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yes sir, sergeant Kyyote! LOL, you sound like a drill sergeant. That was fun to read.   ;D

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 01:46:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Maybe let him coach a game or two before going off on him for trying to support one of the other teams at UTEP

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 03:24:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Maybe let him coach a game or two before going off on him for trying to support one of the other teams at UTEP

Agree. No denying that he and his staff have worked their collective butts off from day one. Recruiting for this coming season and beyond. Lots of online evidence that hard physical work is going on in the weight room in preparation for spring football. Can?t wait for a glimps of this new offense in the April 20 spring game.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 04:47:34 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Wins. Right from the get go and make me eat my words!  First game is NE so he gets a pass on the win. But a win would be just fine. A real tone setter. After that, every game should be wins but Tennessee. The schedule is set up for him to win. If he wins ten I will paint myself orange topless.  lol   Seriously, I ask you to tell me what a successful season has to be in wins?  I will say that no less than six on the ten winnable games and that?s only because he just got here. Again, I am old and cranky.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 04:52:08 PM by kyyote »

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 08:42:39 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Wins. Right from the get go and make me eat my words!  First game is NE so he gets a pass on the win. But a win would be just fine. A real tone setter. After that, every game should be wins but Tennessee. The schedule is set up for him to win. If he wins ten I will paint myself orange topless.  lol   Seriously, I ask you to tell me what a successful season has to be in wins?  I will say that no less than six on the ten winnable games and that?s only because he just got here. Again, I am old and cranky.

Being old and cranky is likely a common malady on this board. I think 6 wins and a bowl win to top it off would be a fine start to the Walden era.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 27, 2024, 10:00:02 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

Being old and cranky is likely a common malady on this board. I think 6 wins and a bowl win to top it off would be a fine start to the Walden era.

I'm with you Wisky, I think 6 wins and a bowl win would be a vast improvement.

As for going topless and painting yourself don't forget to paint under the folds, Ky.   LOL     ;D