Author Topic: OT Super Bowl  (Read 1178 times)

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
OT Super Bowl
« on: February 12, 2024, 11:23:12 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Okay, so yesterday was the last game of the Nfl season and what a game it was. My question is to y'all is who were you rooting for and why? ...and did anyone win any money in SuperBowl Pots. I know I lost 50 bucks and didn't win a cent, only the satisfaction that the hated 49ers didn't win it. My second favorite team has always been the Chiefs even after they left Dallas in the 60s when they were the Dallas Texans. I've even have had thoughts of changing teams but I can't, it's like leaving a child in a foster home, I'll always be a Cowboys fan even if I know unless we change QBs we'll never get to another Super Bowl. What we have now is the Black Tony Romo who plays a great season long schedule but ALWAYS falls short in the Playoffs. I sure wish Mahomes was our QB but those are only dreams. Oh well, the 49ers lost and that goes a long way for me. Oh, another reason I don't like the 49ers at all is that "The Catch" is still embedded in my mind, Grrrrr.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    Re: OT Super Bowl
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 05:04:43 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Kansas City!

I've grown to like Mahomes and Kelsi over the last five years.  I've never been a strong Cowboys fan.  I like them but I prefer Green Bay because of Aaron Jones and used to prefer the Saints because of Drew Brees who I coached in Soccer when he was 10 years old.  When players with UTEP connections are on a team, I keep an eye on them. I also used to like the Houston Oilers because Earl Campbell played for them and he took a class that I taught at UT.  My allegiance frequently changes.  I still like the Cowboys but I'm not a fanatic fan. 

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: OT Super Bowl
    « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 06:47:40 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • No dog in the fight.  I enjoyed the game however.  Two very good teams took it to OT.

Cowboys are the NFL UTEP.  I used to care, now I kind of pay attention if it looks like they might make a run.  So I watched one or two games, and the playoff game.