Author Topic: Wow!! We got a good one!  (Read 2863 times)

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
    • View Profile
Wow!! We got a good one!
« on: December 06, 2023, 03:16:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • https://www.youtube.com/live/26cV0FqjnCI?si=9XaeF-dmXsGEAqJC

Coach Walden makes me wanna stand up and cheer!!
    The future looks bright!
    Go Miners!!!
    Let's go Brandon!

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    Re: Wow!! We got a good one!
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 04:56:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • His presser today was very upbeat, very positive. I like his stating that he and his staff are going to roll up their sleeves and get to work. He says no one will out work, out recruit or out coach them. Will recruit the best players in El Paso and will hit the portal. Most of his staff will be following him from Austin Peay.. They will meet with players tomorrow and recruit them to stay. He and his staff will start visiting every high school in El Paso next week.

This next edition of Miner football will have speed, spread things out, try to snap the ball every 12 seconds, get the ball to your skill players in space, score lots of points. Both offense and defense will attack. That in a nutshell is his style of play. He also said the Sun Bowl stadium is the best in G5 and wants it to have the best environment too. Winning will take care of that.

Looking forward to next season. Our AD did no favors to the new coach with only 5 games at home and 7 on the road including @ Nebraska and @ Tennessee.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 05:46:05 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • An incentive should be that everytime the Sun Bowl has 30k + that he get additional money. Dismal wanted a full house without the product. Utep better not raise their prices until Walden produces a good to great product. If he does than people will want to come even if it's a little higher than before or this year to be sure. I remember when Utep would let people in with a bread wrapper because we were that bad.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 06:06:43 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • A team that's fun to watch and scores a lot of points will get me to start watching games again.  Tough schedule for first year on the job

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 11:09:10 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • He was at the Utep volleyball game and boy was he animated. I couldn't really hear what he was saying but he made the Utep cheerleaders look like old folks. He also wore a Utep Volleyball t-shirt. I like this guy so far and I hope he brings good changes to the football team. If he makes it exciting and not worried about time of possession and goes all out Mike Price then he'll bring in the crowds. El Paso wants winning football and they will attend the games if they're getting their moneys worth.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 05:51:57 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • A team that's fun to watch and scores a lot of points will get me to start watching games again.  Tough schedule for first year on the job

On this topic I was talking to Sul Ross's OC about Scotty since he played with him and coached with him at SR. I asked him if he was confident that Scotty would be a good add to the fb program and he said that people would start going to the games just to see all the fireworks after TDs. He said that people won't get bored for sure and that he wasn't remotely interested in time of possession statistics. Let's hope that we get another Coach Price in exciting football games.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 04:51:52 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I keep seeing news about Walden bringing in staff whose primary job appears to be recruiting.  One for portal.  One for TX.   I am assuming previous staff did not feel the need to have similar positions?

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 10:34:59 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sis, I?m assuming if that is the case, that it has something to do with how young Walden is, and how much easier it is to adapt to this brave new world of college recruiting.  So far, I am VERY PLEASED, and excited for the future! (Wow, I haven?t felt like that in a while.)  :o
    Go Miners! Go Coach Walden! Picks up!⛏️🤙
    Let's go Brandon!

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 11:20:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • An incentive should be that everytime the Sun Bowl has 30k + that he get additional money. Dismal wanted a full house without the product. Utep better not raise their prices until Walden produces a good to great product. If he does than people will want to come even if it's a little higher than before or this year to be sure. I remember when Utep would let people in with a bread wrapper because we were that bad.

I'm missing the season OPT champ for 2023. Let's make Austin jealous again.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 04, 2024, 12:14:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Which sport?

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 04, 2024, 05:28:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think Mojo means Volleyball.   8)