Author Topic: Freaking Millenials NMI  (Read 2640 times)

kuhlero

• Prospector
  • UTEP MINERS!
    • View Profile
Freaking Millenials NMI
« on: October 23, 2017, 06:39:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • NMI
    "Regardless"- My Tio Tencho

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Freaking Millenials NMI
    « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree.   ::)

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If you're generalize from small data sets, I have counterexamples.  Plenty of counterexamples.

lieb

kuhlero

• Prospector
    • UTEP MINERS!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 04:34:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Please share...

liebestraum

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Please share...

Last fall, I had student in one of my math classes and I was puzzled when she did not come to class for a week because she was a good student and had an A average.  Then I received an e-mail from her mother.  She told me her daughter was one of three girls shot outside a restaurant while she was home visiting her parents.  She was the only one who was severely injured and needed surgery. The mother provided with me a copy of the news report and a note from the ER.

Here's the thing:  while that young lady was in the hospital, she was e-mailing me wanting to know what assignments she missed and was taking it upon herself to teach herself the material.  She kept up with the class via e-mail because once she was released from the hospital, the doctors did not want her moving around until she recovered from her injuries.  She never missed a homework assignment.  She took one test that was proctored but showed up for the final even though I told her I'd give her an incomplete so she could take the test at a better time.

She made an A. 

18 years old.

Yeah.  Freaking millenial.

lieb

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 06:16:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have millennial ex-students who are on full ride scholarships at Brown (brain surgeon), Cornell(post grad brain research), Johns Hopkins medicine, and three who had their BA's before they were 20 years old.  Just a few off the top of my head.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 06:35:02 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Seems to me each generation has its own unique brand of stupid and useless when they are 18-28.  But since it's different than the previous generation's stupid and useless it seems particularly ever-so-much-more-so stupid and useless.  Then eventually they figure out their place in the world and the cycle repeats.

As always, this is collective generalization.  There are individual exceptions.  And one generational exception.  The Baby Boom generation is still freakin' stupid and useless.  Though there are individual exceptions there as well -- present company may be excepted...

kuhlero

• Prospector
    • UTEP MINERS!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 11:02:34 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Point taken... 8)

liebestraum

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 11:09:44 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Seems to me each generation has its own unique brand of stupid and useless when they are 18-28.  But since it's different than the previous generation's stupid and useless it seems particularly ever-so-much-more-so stupid and useless.  Then eventually they figure out their place in the world and the cycle repeats.

As always, this is collective generalization.  There are individual exceptions.  And one generational exception.  The Baby Boom generation is still freakin' stupid and useless.  Though there are individual exceptions there as well -- present company may be excepted...

But we have canes now and we aren't afraid to whack people with them!  And since we don't hear as well (all that rock music), we can't hear your screams, so life is good.

lieb

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 01:38:46 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I take out the trash every Thursday. Can't I get credit for SOMMMMEEEEETHHHIIINNNNGGGG?

liebestraum

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I take out the trash every Thursday. Can't I get credit for SOMMMMEEEEETHHHIIINNNNGGGG?

Only once a week? Pffft.  We have trash pick up twice a week here.  (Insert any kind of joke you want.....)

At any rate, I gave you +1 karma.  Hope you feel better.

lieb

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

Only once a week? Pffft.  We have trash pick up twice a week here.  (Insert any kind of joke you want.....)

At any rate, I gave you +1 karma.  Hope you feel better.

lieb

It really did make my day.  8)

But why is it being picked up twice a week. You may need bigger trash bins. Or maybe it's just union rules, you know, job security.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 05:24:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Lieb has little trash cans. I don't know why, but that is hilarious.
    Did the town not want to upgrade to bigger bins? Does the town mayor also own the trash company & decide to make up for his/her low pay by opting for multiple pick ups? Is there a larger trash can shortage?
    I can go on for ever. LMAO
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 06:15:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You know what they say about men with little trash bins, right?  lol

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's not how big the trash bin is, it's how you use it. In Lieb's case, he's using it twice a week. You're a STUD Lieb. A freaking STUD.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.