Poll

Today, Senter is fired and Wilson hires YOU.  What do you do about Dimel?

Fire him today.  Approximate cost $1.2M
2 (28.6%)
Fire him at end of season.  Approximate cost $800k
5 (71.4%)
Wait until end of next year and fire him.  Cost $0
0 (0%)
Other.  Explain your answer
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: YOU are the new AD  (Read 2753 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
YOU are the new AD
« on: September 30, 2023, 01:26:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think the poll is pretty self-explanatory.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: YOU are the new AD
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 02:06:47 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • He is pulling 10k let's say @20 dollars a ticket for easy math.  Two hundred thousand.  El Paso will pack the Sun Bowl for a good chance of winning.  Forty-five thousand times the same 20 dollar seats generates 900,000.  Two home games takes care of the 1.2 to get rid of him AND it is almost worth what you would have to pay some agency to sell that you are serious.  By the way, the extra 35 thousand fans generate all kinds of money in all kinds of ways for all of El Paso.  I don't want a bargain coach.  I want the football world to know that UTEP has decided to play football-AND WIN!  I want us to have the very best head coach in our non cartel level-and that is temporary.  I want to pay him 2.5 million a year.  Because when you are the damned champion of the conference you are special and can demand an extra ten bucks a seat, easy.  Ten dollars.  Times 45k on top of the 900k a game  times 6 home games plus the tv revenue they pay to watch the crazy new Miners kicking ass.  You do the math.  El Paso and UTEP is the most under rated, undervalued, business opportunity around.  It isn't a risk.  The fans have shown it.  Build it and they will come.  The Sun Bowl is already there.  It is only a team that needs to be built.  And guess what?  Oddly enough, sports aren't some special otherworldly kind of entity that isn't subject to natural laws like you get what you pay for.  Don't let Senter and Wilson shop for a deal.  Go pay for the best available coach.  He will attract players and know what to do with them.  Then we begin to try and pull ourselves out of the basement of college football's equivalent of a port a potty conference-that we are at the very bottom of.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 02:26:22 PM by kyyote »

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 05:03:54 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If I win the lotto I will pay the extra amount that will fire Dismal now. If what they are paying is 800k a year for this failure I will donate the extra amount to hire a great coach on the stipulation that it'll be a two year deal then another two year deal. That's only fair, when you get hired for a job you don't get a guaranteed term. If you suck at that job you're out on your S. If the hired coach doesn't like it he just wants a cushy job for 4-5 years without results, ie. what we already have.

So you better hope I win the lotto. It'll be peanuts anyway and I can use it for my taxes. LOL

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 08:19:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Fuck em and feed em fish

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 07:56:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I said fire him at the end of the season, but it honestly depends on getting a peak at their athletic department financial books. I doubt they even have the $800k. I?m old enough to remember when Natalicio misplaced $700k somehow, and we were practically needing to have bake sales just to stay at D1 status.
    Let's go Brandon!