Author Topic: Kyyote Wins the IWU OPT (09/02/23)  (Read 1566 times)

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
  • Patience Jackass Patience
    • View Profile
Kyyote Wins the IWU OPT (09/02/23)
« on: September 03, 2023, 06:27:38 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UTEP 28 - 14 Incarnate Word   (Total Score: 42)
    NEXT GAME: @ Northwestern, 1:30 p, 9/9/23
    TV:  Big 10 Network     Radio: 95.5 KLAQ Radio

UTEP   OPP   ********   Differential   Total Pred Score
    27      17   kyyote               4               44
    27      10   Minermojo         5               37
    28      19   Alaska Miner      5               47
    31      17   KiddMiner      6
    24      17   SisyphusMiner   7
    28      24   Miner91         10
    35      10   Austintacious      11
    24      21   MinerInWisconsin   11
    30      27   Maximus Miner      15
    31      28   ATL-Miner         17
    06      03   zyxwvutsru      33

2nd Tie Breaker:  Closest differential of total score prediction with actual total score without exceeding the total score.  Minermojo takes 2nd place.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Kyyote Wins the IWU OPT (09/02/23)
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 06:28:52 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • OPTChampionship Points

Points   NAME
    4   Kyyote
    3   SisyphusMiner
    2   orange-oink
    2   Minermojo
    1   Alaska Miner

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 06:52:22 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Congrats Kyyote!

So looking on to next week, optimism or pessimism?
    Reasons for optimism:  We did nothing but run the ball and beat an FCS team 28-14
    Reasons for pessimism:  Same as above

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 08:09:50 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thanks. I feel exactly as you.

But the joy of winning is tempered somewhat by espn?s predicted six percent chance of winning given to iw against a team espn figures is in the ten worst teams in the country. How bad do the figure iw is!  Personally, I was worried after one half. But I think we actually did kind of wear them down.
    However, I think jvsu may be better than people may have thought they might be.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 11:28:10 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I tried 92.3 on the computer and they were playing music. I tried the radio from our bdrm and it was giving us the game but the radio in my lionsden was also playing music. I couldn't understand what was going on. I tried the Utep website and I looked all over the screen and I couldn't get it either. As bad as the reception is on krod at least you could get the game. I just left my little hole and listened to the game in the den. I was very disappointed that a school that most people didn't even know existed was giving Utep headaches. Like someone said we finally beat them because of their depth. Otherwise, it would have been another loss. Truthfully, I'm done with predicting any more wins. This team is BAD and the coach and the QB are to blame. Face it folks, we might not win another game if we almost got beaten by a non-entity. The Miners are probably happy with this morale victory because it was, as UIW was the better team.

At half time I went to bed as I was tired from too much Cusa football. LOL

Wku is good and Mtsu is second. We're dead last.

FIRE THE COACH!!!!!!!

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 12:44:39 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well....we have played two games.  We lost a close game probably given away in a game that was a dog fight.  That other dog went and whupped up on ETSU 49 to 3.  I don't know how good or bad ETSU is but they took an ass whipping.  So...a game in which we didn't take an ass whupping and could have won is not a horrible thing.  Like had we won that game by scoring a touchdown, and then have that team beat hell out of another team the next week, would make me feel like we were at least headed in the right direction.  Then, our game yesterday was almost exactly as you would want, predict, expect from a warm up game.  No more.  No less.  The Miners were at work, yesterday. They went in and did their job(s).  In Dimel's offense there is never going to be high scores from us.  In his ideal world, a drive would take 15 minutes, get the ball back and do it again.  Fourteen points a half-maybe.  Defense may add a score but only if they take it to the house.  So, the game tells us that the Miners beat them in what the Miners consider dominating fashion.  We should be 2-0, we are 1 and 1.  The one win was a win we can't really celebrate too much and the one loss wasn't humiliatingly bad other that the stupidity of it.  It was Mineresque! 

On a different note.  The Miners are playing another perennial bottom dweller.  Normal teams eye a chance at Northwestern and see a chance for an easy meal of the weakest member of the herd.  They get all wolfy.  You know, like when teams play UTEP, especially from the FCS.  Anyways, the fight between UTEP and Northwestern is a psychologist's dream/nightmare looking at team psychology.  Two historically horrible teams, but I think the stupidity factor is definitely in our favor. Probably worth 7 points.

Austintacious

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 04, 2023, 06:16:14 AM »
  • [applaud]1
  • [smite]0
  • I saw the Northwestern v. Rutgers game.  Northwestern's defense is suspect.  Rutgers dominated much more than the score indicates.  UTEP has a chance if they can get their passing game going to complement the running game.  Hopefully!

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 04, 2023, 11:32:41 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I saw the Northwestern v. Rutgers game.  Northwestern's defense is suspect.  Rutgers dominated much more than the score indicates.  UTEP has a chance if they can get their passing game going to complement the running game.  Hopefully!

Like if Utep has ever mixed their plays in a game. They're so predictable and Dimel has to leave the play calling to anyone but him. He's stubborn as heck and that's not gonna happen. His ego keeps him calling the plays and he sucks at it. I wanna new coach. So many great OCs in the cartel and we can't get one? It's mindboggling. Any Assistant would love to own a team just to prove that they're capable. Our AD isn't that great either at decision making, so another coach is out of the picture.