Author Topic: JSU Game  (Read 2134 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
JSU Game
« on: August 26, 2023, 03:55:14 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Dimel.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: JSU Game
    « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 06:58:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • ...and Hardison. From his first game seasons ago I told everyone this kid didn't have it to be a D1 starting QB. He lets the whole world know where he's throwing the ball and in this last play he had the WHOLE RIGHT SIDE TO HIMSELF but since like I said he let the whole secondary know where he was going to throw the ball. He's a putz of the first degree and yes Ky the whole fault is on Dismal for not realizing how stupid he is as a coach not to know that Hardison should not be the leader of this team.

I'm so Ps'ed I'm trembling writing this. It seems that we will always be the laughing stock of college football thanks to the AD for not knowing that Dismal sucks and not firing him. Give him a raise, stupid, afterall, he is your buddy.

I was expecting more for this year since we have so many starters, that's a laugh. If your starters sucked last year what make you think that they'll be better this year. Suckage follows a bad player. So many mistakes by Hardison. Gosh, even a recliner QB like me can see how bad our QB is, you don't need to be a coach for that...AND OUR COACH!

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 07:04:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Here was my prediction for how the game would go:

I figure Dimel's game plan will be to pound it out on the ground counting on our line and Hankins to wear them down.
    We will come into the game expecting the same from them and they will air it out for a TD on their first set of downs.

Ultimately Dimel panics and just airs it out every down.  Hardison forces stuff that isn't there and it's all over after a pick 6.  Down 11 we inexplicably rediscover our run game too little too late.

I would be delighted to see Dimel come in with a balanced game plan to use the ground attack to set up the pass.  Play action pass deep.  Occasionally hit the FB sneaking upfield.  Dimel has shown the ability to do this.  He just generally loses any kind of perspective and completely sells out to one aspect of the game at some point.  After taking a delay of game coming onto the field after a punt return.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 07:27:05 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Most important question:  Did we win time of possession?

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 07:44:06 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Even the announcers were stunned at the stupidity of the calls. 

But all stupidity aside, how is it that the offensive line guy who spent years building from scratch a ground and pound, clockeating tractor pull of an offense can't ever be counted on to get a 3rd and a half yard-AGAINST AN FCS LEVEL TEAM OUTWEIGHED BY 30 POUNDS A MAN!?

How is it that you are in your first game after spring and fall practice and have no idea of what to do now, boss?  Uh, I don't know.  I thought you knew!

Hardison isn't Aaron Rogers but he has to beat his coach and the other team.  And both of them seem to be doing their best to get him hurt.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023, 08:22:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Most important question:  Did we win time of possession?

HELL YES!   34:38   25:22

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023, 08:35:05 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I can't believe we didn't win that game. Just when I thought I was gonna hit up a game after a few years.
    I guess I need a day to decompress.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 09:26:11 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Down 3,  3rd and 1 on the opponents 24 with seconds left.

valid coaching options:
    Take a shot for the end zone then kick a field goal to send to overtime.
    Run ball twice.  If you can't get a yard with the game on the line it's on the players
    Run ball once and then kick a field goal to send to overtime.

Not valid:  Two passes.  That's 100% a coaching problem.  That's not on the players