Author Topic: OT: Prime Time  (Read 1096 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
OT: Prime Time
« on: August 12, 2023, 03:16:06 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Deon Sanders had had an impact on college football.  Brutally honest. A player's coach.  But you had better love the game. 

"Colorado football coach Deion Sanders wasted no time in rebuilding the team?s roster after taking over the program in December.  In the 2022 campaign, the Buffaloes finished 1?11, resulting in the firing of former head coach...cutting many players from last year?s team which allowed him to bring in 57 transfers and 56 newcomers to the program."
    "Currently, only 10 players who were on scholarship from last year?s squad remain on this year?s roster as the Buffaloes prepare to start the season. "

?I know it was a huge overhaul, but it had to be done,? Sanders said. ?It was tremendously tough, because you had some young men that just didn?t want to play the game, they didn?t love football. It?s hard for me to be effective if you don?t love it. ? It?s tremendously tough when you?re looking at a body of just dead eyes. That?s tough on any coach, not just me. I?m sure a multitude of coaches have experienced that until they could clean house and get the roster they want.?

'

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: OT: Prime Time
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 11:00:17 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't think we have that problem with the Miners team, I think we do have it with the coaches. Incompetent is the word and a "who cares, we're getting our paycheck" attitude.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: OT: Prime Time
    « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 12:46:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I tend to think the coaches care, it?s the AD and president that don?t care and everything flows down from that