Author Topic: Journey to recovery  (Read 23341 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Journey to recovery
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2023, 07:44:14 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It sounds like things are going as well as they can. Keep remembering that you are in good hands and you are tough. Keep us posted.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: June 30, 2023, 12:48:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Como estas Austin? Doing good buddy? You're still in our thoughts and be strong.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: July 02, 2023, 10:57:59 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Chemo side effects have had me down. However the stem plant cells are doing their job and building new bone marrow. Today marks 19 days in the hospital and I may be discharged tomorrow. It?s all down hill now.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: July 02, 2023, 03:29:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sometimes all you can do is grit your teeth and just be tougher. You did that.  Every day you win is a win. The wins will get easier. But you know that you are tough, tough!  You may not exactly feel like right now, but you just kicked ass!  No cakewalk, but you just went ten rounds with a Bone Crusher Smith and you?re still standing. You?re a champion. Know it and rock it. Badass!

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: July 02, 2023, 04:37:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thanks.

Sometimes all you can do is grit your teeth and just be tougher. You did that.  Every day you win is a win. The wins will get easier. But you know that you are tough, tough!  You may not exactly feel like right now, but you just kicked ass!  No cakewalk, but you just went ten rounds with a Bone Crusher Smith and you?re still standing. You?re a champion. Know it and rock it. Badass!

KiddMiner

• Assayer
    • Picks Up!! GO MINERS!!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: July 02, 2023, 05:20:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Very good news!
    Picks Up!! GO MINERS!!!

Austintacious

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: July 04, 2023, 02:19:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • After20 days the hospital, Austin and Elvis have left the the building.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: July 04, 2023, 03:26:51 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Steps. This is a big one. Miner tough! 

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: July 04, 2023, 08:57:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Great to hear.  Stay strong!

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: July 05, 2023, 09:31:11 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • At a boy, Austin. Keep up the positivity.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Austintacious

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: July 08, 2023, 05:01:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's been four days since I left the hospital.  I couldn't be happier.  Still have some effects of the chemo but they're manageable.  I'm still going in for appointments until they're satisfied I won't need their help. 

I was told my hair would fall out from the chemo.  I went to a barber and shaved my head.  However, judging by the stubble, I did not lose any hair to the chemo.  But I like the shaved look and I'll think I will keep it. 

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: July 08, 2023, 07:27:31 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • My friend, you posts tell me so much more than how things are going. You are taking everything just like a boss. In stride. No whining. Positivity!  Live strong. Kickin ass and takin names!  Have a great day. Flirt a little with the nurses. They love it! 

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: July 08, 2023, 12:25:15 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's time to tune in to those Oldie but Goodies that us old foggies love to move to. That music will lift up your spirits, guaranteed. If I could I'd lend you my Ipod as it's got all kinds of music that we know and love. But...you can get the same music and more on Youtube. How a little bit of Little Joe y su Familia, Sonny Ozuna, etc.

Try it you'll like it. I know when I'm in the dumps I turned my music on and if lifts me up and before long I'm dancing by myself while fixing breakfast or lunch.

KiddMiner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: July 08, 2023, 07:03:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

Austintacious

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: July 20, 2023, 05:06:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • 07/17/2023
    Doctor said my blood tests showed continued improvement.  Thus, he is releasing me to return home to Austin.  We'll do a follow up series of tests in two months. 

07/18/2023  CVC lines are removed from my chest.  Nurse said no showers until 07/21 when I can remove the bandages while in the shower.   

07/19/2023 It's great to be back home.  Only restrictions are no eating at restaurants, no alcohol, and stay away from dogs and especially cats.  Also, get plenty of exercise.  My son has given us his Peloton bike which will help.  These restrictions apply until mid-September when I go back for two days of tests at MD Anderson including a biopsy to look at my bone marrow.