kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
NMSU
« on: March 01, 2023, 05:25:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Hey, I am sitting here thinking that the Aggies, being the aggies they are, may find themselves in serious trouble with the NCAA as in lack of institutional control with guns and dillying hazzed players to the point of being told to take some time off to get their shit together.  My question how is does that affect our newly rearraigned conference.  It was hanging by a thread as it is.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: NMSU
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 07:22:59 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Honestly not sure that it matters.   

In basketball, every fringe conference gets one team.  CUSA 9.0 or whatever it is will still get one.  We need to be that one.  SOS is irrelevant unless you're a major conference team that went 2-10 in conference.

In football, NMSU was not going to contribute anything to our conference success or failure anyway.

Pretty sure they won't get the death penalty, they'll just suck.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 12:04:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I am wondering about scheduling if football and basketball are told to take some time off to get shit together in Las Cruces.  The aggies have already had to forfeit games and those aren't just  L's on a column.  They are lost revenue for the home teams.  If there is a football loss of play, it would screw the schedule up and I think we are already having to play them twice to make the schedule.  New espn deal would be questionable, perhaps?

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 02:05:18 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't think it will affect football as the culprits were basketball players. The remaining BB players will be playing with the Uggies next year and as always will get some good prospects, which I'm puzzled as to how they can get good players (albeit with some baggage) and UTEP struggles in our big city.

They'll play Cusa in both sports next year. I'm not worried for the conference.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 09:30:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think the most bizarre aspect of the entire clusterf*** that is NMSU basketball this year is that the actual shooting and killing of another person by one of the players might be the least damaging thing to the program.  The subsequent coverup by the coaches and admin, and then the revelations of the hazing is what shut the program down.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 10:15:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • That is why I think it might get nmsu the lack of institutional control level penalties. I just the last few days the hazzing story got worse. A mess up the road.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 10:56:07 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think the most bizarre aspect of the entire clusterf*** that is NMSU basketball this year is that the actual shooting and killing of another person by one of the players might be the least damaging thing to the program.  The subsequent coverup by the coaches and admin, and then the revelations of the hazing is what shut the program down.

Were any of the BB players involved brought in by last year?s coach?  Has there been any indication that the hazing went on last year?  Just wondering.

lieb

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 01:50:00 PM »
  • [applaud]1
  • [smite]0
  • According to an Aggie fan on another board  far, far away, the new coach brought in nearly an entirely new team. Almost no holdovers from the year before.