Author Topic: Miner Basketball Continued-Jim Forbes Classic  (Read 677 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Miner Basketball Continued-Jim Forbes Classic
« on: November 25, 2022, 01:47:30 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I kept watching the Miners playing in this and the scores from the other games in the tournament and when the Miners had a tough time with Alcorn State, I knew that the Alcorn team had a #3 RPI ranking, so like I said I watched Alcorn State get whupped and we had Hell with CS Bakersfield.  As of the latest updated rpi rankings from this morning, the Jim Forbes Classic had the numbers 26 Alcorn State, 35 ATMCC, 42 UTEP, and 134 CS Bakersfield playing.  Three teams in the top 50 of 363 college teams and no one even knows it!  The marketing people should have this as a real story on espn.  While Goliaths collide in shoving matches, the Davids are having UFC matches in El Paso!

Bakersfield beat CC last Tuesday and they are the lowest ranked team.  That's why it is no shock that we had Hell with them, too!  Alcorn State got revenge earlier today.
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 08:09:33 PM by kyyote »

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Miner Basketball Continued-Jim Forbes Classic
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 07:44:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Updated BPI numbers.  UTEP jumped 39 places and is now 5-1 and ranked number 3 in the country.  I don't know how reliable it is or what it may or may not mean this early in the year, but number three is just two places from number 1 in the country, and that can't be bad, can it?  NMSU is 19.  They jumped 197 places.  Tarleton is 22 and UT is 23.  So UT beat us by 20 in our first game.  This says we could get them if we played again.  Like I said, I'm not saying I would bet the ranch, but I like what the BPI is seeing.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 08:14:03 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I would guess that when we get more into the season it may more accurately reflect the teams.  Maybe, not.  We'll see. 

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 12:25:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree. Going up 137 points to the accuracy and adjustments being made. Still. It is a great motivation to keep it there for the players. UTEP players don?t get the opportunity to be nationally recognized for their hard work. If I am Coach I am making it a bullseye just outside of the center win spot. Show the world might be my theme for the team.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 03:38:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • OT maybe but I am watching Alcorn play AZ St. asu is a 17 point favorite and with six minutes left in the first half it is 19 to 18 Alcorn.