Author Topic: Welp...  (Read 1365 times)

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
    • View Profile
Welp...
« on: October 08, 2022, 05:23:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Not looking good so far... :o
    Let's go Brandon!

KiddMiner

• Assayer
    • Picks Up!! GO MINERS!!!
      • View Profile
    Re: Welp...
    « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 05:32:10 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well Deion is moving it....hope we get 6..
    Picks Up!! GO MINERS!!!

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 06:36:31 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Can somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN why you have two CLEARLY DOMINATING running backs, and you go to the long bombs instead of running it, resulting in a pick 6???  I don't understand why they aren't using what's working! :o
    Let's go Brandon!

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 06:49:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Can somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN why you have two CLEARLY DOMINATING running backs, and you go to the long bombs instead of running it, resulting in a pick 6???  I don't understand why they aren't using what's working! :o

Dimel

Miner91

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 06:51:58 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I really want Dimel to be successful but he just can?t help himself. We were running the ball great. We had more than two and a half minutes left in the half and he decides to start throwing deep. Why not stick to what works?

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 07:33:21 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Denied points TWICE in the RED ZONE!! You CANNOT win like that.
    Let's go Brandon!

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 08:34:58 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This appears to have devolved into a game of "Who wants it less?" >:(
    Let's go Brandon!

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 08, 2022, 09:09:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Another game we easily could have won.  Even with all of the insanity/stupidity on top of the usual creative never seen before things that you can almost only get while watching Miner football games we could have easily won that game. 

If you told Dimel to look at your thumb, I think he would.

However, I am used to Miner football.  The people in Oklahoma are trapped in some kind of bizzaro world where they lose games in record breaking fashion.  To Texas.  That head coach is liable to be put in a real hot seat.  One attached to a rail over by the bucket of tar and that feather pillow.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 12:48:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Dismal has to go. He's just one more in the long line of bad football coaches the Miners always manage to hire. What's wrong with the Miners, what is the curse that is hanging on to our necks. It is so frustrating. Sometimes I just want to give up on the football team but like a beat up spouse I manage to forgive them. They hurt us week after week and some of us still even attend their games. Well, on to our next loss which is a gimme.

It's terrible that after a lousy football season we hang on to our laurels of a national championship in basketball and every year they turn out to be mediocre. But...at least they win more than they lose, I'd be happy if the football team could do that.

How good is the basketball team gonna be? Who knows, but at least I still give our new BB coach more of a chance to win than the usual loss.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 07:14:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Dimel  has learned how to identify under-recruited talent.  Our talent is so much better than it was under Kug.  That said, his legacy will be games lost that should have been won.  His first year he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory a few times, but we gave him a pass.   no more pass.

He can't manage games, strategize, or instill discipline.  There are way too many needless timeouts, uncertainty, players not knowing how to handle a specific situation (Charlotte, 4th and 25, 2 minutes on clock, player catches ball 5 yards short, how to handle?)

I am convinced that if he had the best talent in the conference he still would never win a conference title because we would blow games.  I think it's obvious that he just isn't capable of seeing how the opposition is adjusting and making his own adjustments.   The opposing coach is always inside Dimel's OODA loop.

I think he has one year left?  Another year of futility and frustration?

When does basketball practice start?

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 07:28:55 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Dimel will get an extension.  When we get to three wins for two years in a row, that coach is a keeper.  Lock him into a long term contract to keep him from being stolen. 

Miner91

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 11, 2022, 12:27:54 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I thought he had two more years after they gave him an extension after last season.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 11, 2022, 12:41:06 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I hate to bring in politics into this but it is an El Paso mindset that once you're in only death, resignation, or not running again will keep a politician out of office. We do that with mayors, house representatives, council people, etc. and etc. and last but not least our college coaches. We're doomed because El Pasoans are stupid, plain and simple. Oh, and ADs, you can add that to the list.

We're fricked.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 11, 2022, 06:11:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Would like to see a copy of his contract but at least it was reported by El Paso sports media that this year, the 5th of his contract and the last originally, his pay was boosted to $800k, given a 2 year extension with a $25k raise each year. That sounds like a lot but it's not when compared to other coaching jobs in CUSA. The UNT coach makes $1.9M. To attract a good coach that can take UTEP football to the next level we will have to open that wallet and stop trying to get by on the cheap.

I expect that we have Dimel for a while. He actually has built up the team so that talent should not be a problem, but too many games the team is not prepared. UNT, UNM, La Tech should all have been wins and NMSU, Charlotte were much closer than they should have been. Only vs Boise State did the team play up to their potential. Boise State regrouped and whipped up on both San Diego State and Fresno State.