Author Topic: OT, holloween paranormal...  (Read 732 times)

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
OT, holloween paranormal...
« on: October 05, 2022, 05:45:15 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Since we're in the scary month of October I was watching the program "Paranormal on video". I was wondering if any of you guys and gals have ever experienced something paranormal and out of the ordinary? I have and it was oddly enough on Holloween night.

My wife and I and my neighbors and their son were on our way to watch a Miners basketball game at the Don. At the intersection where St. Patricks church and Mesa Street meet there was a traffic light that extends into almost the middle of Mesa St. These extension is about 30 feet long and the pole on where the traffic lights are situated was bouncing up and down really oddly. It was as is someone was sitting on the pole and jumping up and down on it. The scary part of this is that there was absolutely no wind of any kind nor anyone close to the pole. Unfortunately, it was before cameras on our phones so I couldn't provide proof.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: OT, holloween paranormal...
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 11:49:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • OK I'll play.  We had this dog, great dog with lots of personality.   He got a brain tumor and died fairly quickly.  He wasn't young but it was before his time for sure.
    Anyway a few weeks later I was washing my hands in the bathroom sink with the door open and looking in the mirror.  I saw him walk up, poke his head in to see what I was doing, and then continued on down the hall.  As soon as I got over my shock I turned and went out into the hall and of course he wasn't there.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 04:09:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Great story Sisy, incredible even as we're told only humans have souls. We shall find out what's what when we die.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 04:22:28 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I prefer to believe my dogs will be in Heaven when I get there

They show us a glimpse of what unconditional love is.  And I love the prayer "Lord help to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
    « Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 04:26:25 PM by SisyphusMiner »

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 04:32:15 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'll throw one out that's more supernatural than paranormal.

One day I was driving back to NE from UTEP after class on Alabama St.  Somewhere around maybe McKinley the speed limit picked up to 45 and I accelerated my Charger immediately.  Right then a car pulls out in front of me and stops dead.  I was 50-100 feet away from T-boning him.  Now you know that car could accelerate but it didn't corner or stop fast.

I jammed my brakes and twisted the wheel and threw it into a power slide.  By the time I was done I was on Mckinley behind the car that pulled out in front of me with my front end about 5 feet behind his rear bumper.  I don't have the skills to do that maneuver and my car couldn't have made that corner at more than about 15.    God was with me that day.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2022, 12:28:44 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yep, God sometimes saves us because he knows that we're gonna be needed to help someone in the future. I think that happened to me to devote myself to my wife's care. Three times I almost drowned but I managed to survive all three. The scariest one was in San Diego, I was swimming in the ocean when a riptide came around and took me more than 100 yards from shore. When I finally stopped moving the people on shore looked very, very small. At that point I wondered whether I was such a good swimmer to return to shore but I didn't have any choice as no one could see that I was in peril. I started off and miraculously I got to shore exhausted but alive. Not two minutes later a jeep with lifeguards and bullhorns come riding around telling everyone to leave the water because of the riptides. All I could do was mutter, "yeah, thanks a lot but almost too late".

I've was a velly, velly bad boy in my youth and I cannot not believe that in spite of that I am still alive for a reason.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2022, 09:42:30 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I prefer to believe my dogs will be in Heaven when I get there

They show us a glimpse of what unconditional love is.  And I love the prayer "Lord help to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"

Same here. Can't imagine heaven without dogs. My father-in-law used to say, "the more I know people, the more I like my dog".

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 08, 2022, 08:22:48 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • My grandfather's house in San Elizario is notarious for a Lady in white walking the grounds and the house.  Several people have seen her but no one gets close. 

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 08, 2022, 11:26:46 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • My grandfather's house in San Elizario is notarious for a Lady in white walking the grounds and the house.  Several people have seen her but no one gets close.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if someone did come close to one. The ghost would probably just vanish.

My grandmothers house was notorious for ghostly happenings. I would visit sometimes on my own just to see how she was doing as she was a paraplegic. My uncle who took care of her and is probably in heaven for devoting his own life to her care would sometimes take a day off to go have fun in Juarez probably. He never married and I imagine he wouldn't because he was afraid no one would take care of his mom. A WWII veteran who was devoted to her care. Anyway, she would tell me, "don't be afraid of ghosts, they can't do nothing to you. Be afraid of the living they're the ones that can hurt you." It didn't matter to me if they wouldn't hurt me I just didn't want to see one. Before I would leave she would tell me to turn on the kitchen light and it had a string to pull to turn it on. When I would enter the kitchen it would be pitch black and I would try to guess where the string was and those few seconds groping for that miserable string seemed like hours. Finally I would find it and turn the solitary light on and skeddadle out of there without pause. I would kiss her hand and got out of that house ASAP.

There used to be a spook that haunted the house and my uncle saw him one time. He told me that the ghost even greeted him with, "hello senor". My grandpa was outside one day chopping wood for the stove when he saw a black figure coming out of the chicken coop and walk towards the alley. The back yard was about 45 yards long and narrow. My grandpa got his axe and yelled at the figure to stop but the figure just kept on walking. When he got to the 6 foot high back fence the figure just vanished through it. I hated that house at night and I would do my best not to be there once the sun went down. Sometimes I wonder if the occupants now have seen apparitions. I would hate to ask and plant the seed where they get scared of their own house if they haven't.