Author Topic: Ex UNT RB Shot and Killed Saturday  (Read 552 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Ex UNT RB Shot and Killed Saturday
« on: August 16, 2022, 08:43:40 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I was looking for anything football related to our upcoming game and unfortunately this came up;

"LANCASTER, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) ? Lancaster police are searching for a man suspected of shooting and killing a youth football league coach on Saturday evening.

"Yaqub Salik Talib has been named as the suspect in the shooting, and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. Talib is the brother of former NFL player Aquib Talib.

Just before 9:00 p.m. on August 13, officers responded to several 911 calls from Lancaster Community Park about a shooting.

When they arrived, witnesses told them the coaching staff and officiating crew had gotten into a disagreement that turned physical. During the fight, one of the people involved fired a gun and struck Mike Hickman, a coach.
    The coach was taken to the hospital, but was later pronounced deceased.

The investigation is ongoing, and Lancaster police are asking anyone with information about Talib?s whereabouts to call Detective Senad Deranjic at (972) 218-2756."

Talib turning himself in.

Sonofabitch!  Having spent four years helping coach Westside Mustangs and my own son, I can testify to the intensity and passion of the adults.  I'm probably lucky I didn't get my ass kicked-and I would have taken a second beating gladly.  Insane!  Both of these men were doing right, teaching right over wrong, teaching young men.  These two were good men and one is dead and the other might as well be.

I want to wonder if it will affect the team for the game and just can't.  The magnitude of the killing overshadows my thoughts. 

Morning.  Just another shitty day in paradise!

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Ex UNT RB Shot and Killed Saturday
    « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 11:14:12 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • My younger son has four boys, whooboy! Two of them are already standouts, winning numerous championship with their teams and earning MVP honors as well. The oldest is 9 and the other is 7 and both are hitting over the fence homers already. The next one in line has already started baseball, he's four and already is showing good signs. The last one is a baby still at 19 months. I kid my son that he already has the next Alou brothers and he says "I hope".

After attending some of the games I can see that parents can get pretty rowdy, including my son. He got mad at me for telling him to cool it as he was getting toooo involved. I tell him it's only a game still and winning isn't going to put food on the table. That's how it is in youth sports, parents need to cool it, it's not a good look for anyone especially the kids witnessing anger at the games.

saminer

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 03:16:24 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If I'm not mistaken, the alleged shooter is the brother of former NFL defensive back, Aqib Talib.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 05:24:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Correct.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 05:45:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Horrible
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.