Author Topic: More Movement As USC and UCLA Will Join Big10  (Read 801 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
More Movement As USC and UCLA Will Join Big10
« on: July 01, 2022, 11:26:13 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This will be a big quake in college football where some teams move up and some get get further behind. It may come all the way down to the conference just cobbling teams together for survival when the dust settles.

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    Re: More Movement As USC and UCLA Will Join Big10
    « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 01:23:58 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Hahahahahahahaha

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 06:15:40 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have every confidence that as usual we are caught unwaware and unprepared.

That being said, this whole thing is getting stupid.  It's losing me really fast and I just don't see how it's sustainable in the long term for most universities.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 06:26:09 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I hope UTEP manages to end up in the MWC after the music stops this time. Even a somewhat depleted one.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 06:06:54 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It'd be nice if everyone that's not in one of the superconferences would sit down and organize regional conferences

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 08:38:01 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I hope UTEP manages to end up in the MWC after the music stops this time. Even a somewhat depleted one.
    Agree. CUSA has become watered down & UTEP has been a part of that.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 08:07:01 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The Big12 is going to invite Utah, Colorado, AZ, and ASU to join from the Pac12.  The Pac12 will probably invite San Diego State and Boise State to replace two of the loses.  The funny thing is, the moves may be the openings we were looking for in the mwc, but who will be left in that conference and would that be a real step up by then or will it be the dregs of the old WAC getting back together.  Meanwhile, the superconferences continue to shift and reform, levels continue to solidify even while the components change.  The teams have become the same as the players-looking at the portal to see if they can move up or find a soft landing from a fall.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 11:12:39 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • That those school have been invited does not indicate that they will leave the Pac 12 and go to the Big 12. The only thing going for them is that there will be more eyes on them because of the time difference. I sure wish that they will leave so that there will be openings in the MWC. I'm sure that even if we're not what we were in the 60s we're still better than some of the schools that are in the MW area. NoDakSt. and NoDak are pretty good football schools and fall in that immediate area but their basketball sucks in comparison to UTEP basketball.

As for football I think that we're on par with the schools that will be left in the MW. There might be some pushback from wannabe San Diego State. Their heads are bigger than their performance. The others I think would welcome them back...I hope.

When would we know that it's a sure thing?

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 12:05:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We have absolutely no idea whatsoever what kind of basketball we are, anymore. We are as good as our unproven team may be. North and South Dakota Community colleges could beat UTEP basketball for all we know. Our football team broke out from our standard of two or less wins per season to scratch and claw their way to a head-swellingly decent season. Some even feel confident going into the upcoming season.
    As for when we will know more, meetings take place in a couple weeks that could mean more. Norte Dame is a real key player. The big10 would give them a ton to join to offset the sec moves. The big12 could invite the Washington and Oregon teams. Maybe even Stanford. Who knows?  I think we are moving to two twenty and maybe even thirty team conferences and the big12 has decided they are going to fight to be in the mix. Clemson goes to sec along with Miami and fla st.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile