Author Topic: If Anyone Can Ask Kugler These Two Questions  (Read 1521 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
If Anyone Can Ask Kugler These Two Questions
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:21:28 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I would appreciate hearing his answers.

You said that if you couldn't get the job done you wouldn't have to be fired, you would leave on your own.  The question I have is what are you using for measuring getting it done.  I am curious as to what measurement you are using that you figure you are getting it done, or if you were just a liar.

Question number 2.  Is there a point during the season that you would set us free if you haven't won a game or are we just stuck with you until the end.

There is a third question but I don't even want to contemplate the answer.  Are you going to stay until your contract is finished?  CAN YOU IMAGINE ANOTHER THREE YEARS OF KUGLER FOOBALL!  Imagine the tailgate party.  One pickup.  Serving burnt toast and drinking glasses of Wild Turkey to forget.

Btw, after 4 games UTEP has a total of 51 points scored!  Our opponents have averaged just slightly less than that scoring against us every game with 48.5 points a game.  OR, if we could use all of our points from 4 games we could do what other teams do against us in one game.  Another way of looking at it is that we have 1/4 of a football team.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:26:03 AM by kyyote »

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: If Anyone Can Ask Kugler These Two Questions
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 09:00:30 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think we all know Kuglar is no quitter. He will fight to the end of the season.
    I'm not sure anyone in the media has the balls to ask him if he will keep his word and step down. Even if it is the end of the season.
    The proper ending to his career at UTEP would be to step down and explain he did so for the better of his school.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If he is no quitter, I have to say he was just being a liar when he said he would quit if he couldn't get it done.  I'm not just ragging on him.  I am asking these questions because he sees himself as such a straight shooter and I am trying to understand how he is able to stand behind his word as a man.  I mean, I think everyone never doubted him for a man of his word, but I can't understand the complete, I don't even know the word, dissonance maybe.  Straight shooting, honest as the day is long, man of his word guy says you won't have to tell me to go if I can't get it done, and yet, week after week he walks his poor players out like a Judas goat leading sheep to slaughter.  It just doesn't make sense, to me.  I'm not just saying that.  I believe he is a man of integrity, but he isn't blind or stupid.  Is it ego, that is still telling him that he can fix this?  What?  Or is he just a big blow hard, tough speaking guy?  That is why I want someone to ask those questions in a very polite, respectful way.  I mean, I honestly don't think those are unreasonable, or vicious questions.  I think fans and alumni should be able to know the answer to those questions, now.

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nah...he's a quitter.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Never mind.

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 04:29:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  •  ;D

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 08:23:15 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The dude kept his word. Now that is a true Miner. I am hearing that Eric Price will be a top 3 candidate.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 08:49:35 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Eric Price is as fine a person as you could ever hope to meet.  I would be very, very happy if he was given the reins. 

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 06:35:08 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • As I posted elsewhere, I would be fine with Eric too.  He was a good OC, probably the best we have had in a very long time.  As long as he doesn't bring Aaron into the program.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 11:57:11 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Eric Price is as fine a person as you could ever hope to meet.  I would be very, very happy if he was given the reins.

I hope you're right. I just want someone who doesn't believe in running into brick walls and then calling it a great idea. I love the spread where the defense doesn't always have an answer to and not one where you just stack the line. Eric comes from that MP mindset of throwing the ball. Just don't get receivers from EP who hear footsteps and don't catch it, can't catch it. To be called a receiver is to be able to CATCH the ball not just be able to touch it.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 12:15:54 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The toughest receiver I ever saw at UTEP, bar none, was from El Paso, Texas.  Julio Lopez.  The game hadn't really gotten going good until Julio ran his crossing pattern and got slobber knocked by a linebacker.  He would bounce up like it was nothing, toss the ball to the ref and go on about his business.  Montwood kid.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:35:21 PM by kyyote »

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I remember him.  He was fearless. I recall one time he is heading for the end zone and there is an enormous defender waiting to knock his teeth out.  Julio leaped sideways into the defenders arms, then reached the ball across the line.  the defender had no idea how to prevent that.