Author Topic: basketball roster?  (Read 382 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
basketball roster?
« on: January 04, 2022, 09:51:17 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Any word on Kennedy's return?  What about the new guy, Che Evans?

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: basketball roster?
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 11:51:48 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Listened to radio show last night, Kennedy will be gone for a while. No definition was given for "a while."
    I don't think Che Evans Jr is here yet. If I were Golding, I'd sit him the rest of the year and have him for 4yrs starting 2022/2023 season.

I think we all agreed in the beginning that we are more observing what Golding does his 1st year. He has impressed with some wins & also looked disappointing. He has the guards & a pretty good forward in Sibley. We need a good true PF & a versatile big man to make this team complete. I really think Veho needs to go back to the 5.
    LA Tech will be a problem. Maring will get a lot of minutes trying to keep Lofton at bay. He won't succeed, but he needs the work.
    If the Miners can defend the 3 & hold Lofton to at least 20pts, they may have a chance in staying close. Other than that, Miners are going to lose tomorrow night.
    I will be there just to see what Golding does.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 05:13:40 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Evans arrived on campus yesterday.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 08:26:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Finally. I believe he'd be eligible for tonight's game, but I wouldn't play him. He doesn't know our style of game, positioning, etc. I sit close to the bench, so I will look out for the kid.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 12:46:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Finally. I believe he'd be eligible for tonight's game, but I wouldn't play him. He doesn't know our style of game, positioning, etc. I sit close to the bench, so I will look out for the kid.

Unless Midas is planning on redshirting him I say let him play. He might be the spark plug that those kids need. It's not like the players now on the team are already programmed to Midas' touch. They still look lost out there sometimes and they've been with him for a few months now. Let him play, I say.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 01:49:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • A lot might depend on who is available to play tonight.  The ball game might be completely out of hand early and might as well let him and Onyema get some PT in that case.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 02:44:15 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm obviously not for Golding to play the newbie, but Covid test may pull some kids as well as Kennedy being out. Those might trigger Evans to take the floor. It will be a mess, but it is what it is.
    I also saw on Instagram that Onyema's parents are in town & he might get a lot more playing time.
    Once again, want to see that Lofton kid play. He is stupid talented.