Author Topic: We Win The Battle of the Hopeless  (Read 3506 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: We Win The Battle of the Hopeless
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:17 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • That's so funny.  So sad, but so funny.  Schizophrenic.

Haskins Fan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 12:30:18 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Believe me when I say the upcoming coach will win with Kug's recruits then back to no man's land.
    Same story; it's starting to look like groundhog day movie.

Go Miners...

MinerMaestro

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think I still got the brown paper bags from Gary Nord's Last two years...  :(

I think it's time to break out the habit and wear the paper bag underneath.  I think the visual of calling for divine intervention to absolve our humiliation would be a great symbol.  F&ck, do I sound bitter or what?  So sick of losing.....
     8)
    "My centre is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking."
    - Gen Ferdinand Foch

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 07:34:57 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • From now on, we hire new coaches with only a two year contract.  One year to rebuild with a successful 2nd year.  Then hire another new coach because the 3rd year would always be returning to normal.  Thus, we ensure a successful season every other year.  That'll make five new coaches in a decade.  Makes sense!   8)

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 09:39:27 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It could not do worse.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • From now on, we hire new coaches with only a two year contract.  One year to rebuild with a successful 2nd year.  Then hire another new coach because the 3rd year would always be returning to normal.  Thus, we ensure a successful season every other year.  That'll make five new coaches in a decade.  Makes sense!   8)
    +1
    That is flawless. Only a Miner Fan scorned would think of that. That should be written in the AD handbook. If there is one.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

utep2step

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 09:21:40 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

That's all well and good, however, it really does take at least two years for a player to learn the coaches plays, especially on defense because there are so many schemes and twists to defensive formations. Mike Price was left with some pretty good players on the both sides of the ball from Nord who responded well to his style. He even mentioned his first year that the team "over achieved" because that typically doesn't happen that well for a first year coach. What people don't remember is that he shipped off many Nord recruits to FCS schools. Kug did the same thing to Price's recruits when he arrived.

You have to give a football coach at the very least three years. What hurts Kug is his bigger than Texas promises he has not lived up to. This top tier O line has never become reality. He has Will but that's it. They get blown backwards by any decent defensive line (Rice proved that two years in a row) and they make stupid, stupid mistake quite a bit and really do kill the few good drives UTEP does create. He promises a big play making receiver that never seems to appear. UTEP has Batson, Reddix and Sinegal but throws to them once a game. Lucero is very inconsistent. He will make a ten yard play but drop easy passes. He is always mentioning on his radio show and presser he is "making adjustments" but nothing changes.

One thing for sure. Every Monday at his press conference he will say "This one is on me". Take that home to the bank. That and ten cents will not even get you a cup of coffee.
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:23:26 AM by utep2step »

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 10:50:55 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • What we need is continuity.  Here's the plan.
    As players graduate, we take the top two or three and make them assistant coaches.  Then when two years later we fire the head coach, we can elevate one of the assistants to HC.  If we only use locals from El Paso in these roles we never need look outside the family, and we can lowball the pay as long as they can eat free at the car wash.  Two years later, lather, rinse, repeat.  Perfection!