Author Topic: MTU and WKO Won't Play In the MAC  (Read 291 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
MTU and WKO Won't Play In the MAC
« on: November 11, 2021, 09:45:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • "The Mid-American Conference announced Wednesday that it will not pursue expansion, which means Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky won?t be joining the conference. MAC commissioner Jon Steinbrecher said the member institutions considered expansion but ultimately chose to stay at 12 teams. This comes after reports that Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky were considering leaving Conference USA for the MAC."

https://whopam.com/2021/11/11/mac-says-no-to-expansion-wku-and-mtsu-to-stay-in-cusa-for-now/

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: MTU and WKO Won't Play In the MAC
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 10:42:18 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It seems that the majority of wku fans are blaming mtu for not leaving thus making the mac decide not to take just one team. Those fans are mighty Ps'ed at mtu and are saying that because of them they have to remain in cusa. I say let them get mad, at least now we're at the fair number of schools for the new cusa. Good for mtu for deciding to stay...and screw wku. I really don't know what's so great about the mac I think it's because they say that it's stable but sure why shouldn't it be stable no other conference wants their schools for expansion.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 03:58:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • WKU has aspirations and I think that they may be a tad delusional. But, I like the aspirational part and it ain?t bragging if you can back it up. They do win the cusa championships in football and basketball, right?  ;). I hold those teams who consider UTEP to be beneath them as special enemies. This conference has reached a fork in the road. One way withers into a path that eventually peters out. The other one has a chance at a complete makeover. Now, think about leaping unknowns that became giant killers and then giants themselves. They played the tough teams. They traveled to fight the big guys. Think of Boise or Gonzaga.  Great players want to play against great players. Those wins are special.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 04:13:17 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Senter says he?s shooting for the Big 12.  So I don?t know what we can say about delusional.  Although i doubt if any fan buys it, so maybe we can still mock them

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 06:22:20 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Senter says he?s shooting for the Big 12.  So I don?t know what we can say about delusional.  Although i doubt if any fan buys it, so maybe we can still mock them

Maybe he meant, HE is shooting for the Big 12. Forget UTEP, he would love to be an AD there. But, I might be mistaken. LOL