Author Topic: CUSA Defections  (Read 1307 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: CUSA Defections
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2021, 03:16:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yeah, I knw that but thought I had remembered a connection the JMU.  But looking I can't see it.

found it from 2016;

Citadel head football coach Mike Houston is leaving the program after two years and taking up the head coaching responsibilities at James Madison University in Virginia.

Houston and Athletic Director Jim Senter released statements on the move Monday evening.
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 03:20:24 PM by kyyote »

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: October 24, 2021, 03:32:27 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  •  I'm amazed you remembered that.  His head coach got hired away from him by JMU?  that's a really slim connection.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: October 24, 2021, 03:36:17 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Back when I was trying to figure out our next head coach, I think.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: October 24, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have no info at this time. Only rumors. As a matter of a fact, a particular person is no longer ger at UTEP & that person was my mole. 
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 05:47:14 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I like rumors.

I have no info at this time. Only rumors. As a matter of a fact, a particular person is no longer ger at UTEP & that person was my mole.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 07:27:05 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

• zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 09:06:18 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have no info at this time. Only rumors. As a matter of a fact, a particular person is no longer ger at UTEP & that person was my mole.

I left UTEP, but I wasn't the mole... LOL.... :o 8)

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: October 25, 2021, 11:34:22 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So,
    Rumorville- schools like Liberty & JMU are not looking at CUSA, but Sunbelt. Boosters & media all pushing to stay a little closer to home in East. CUSA not looking good with minimal schools all over the map. Sunbelt & AAC looking to benefit with realignment.

IMHO, UTEP needs to let the dust settle and make decision on what to do after craziness. If CUSA dissolves, then we leave without a bill. If CUSA gets really watered down, then we weigh options. We are already in a league that is weak with football & only 1 invite for NCAA for Bball. It looks to stay the same.
    I also think MW is letting the dust settle & may want to grow out west. If MW can pick up some big markets, then they might allow some smaller markets. I will say this, EP looks to be the market on the rise & a conferences may look at that down the road.
    All I'm saying is, be patient.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: October 25, 2021, 12:02:06 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just win.  Dominate whatever conference we are in.  Put together an actual plan for advancing UTEP athletics, including hiring a proper marketing firm.  Marketing is so much more important than people realize.  Market the heck out of UTEP on the national stage, do whatever you have to do to fill the stadiums, and win ball games.  If middle of nowhere places like Boise can be successful so can we.  Gonzaga is in Spokane for crying out loud.  Someday UTEP has to get out of the EP poverty, poor us, poor EP, can't get ahead mentality and go balls to the wall to be successful.  Natalicio did it with academics, it can be done with athletics too.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: October 25, 2021, 12:35:10 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sis, I agree.  But, I will add this.  El Paso and UTEP both should combine their efforts for the benefit of both.  Neither really embraces the other as they should.  They should be working from the same script.  Joined at the hip.  El Paso streets should decorate around UTEP,  The campus should be a damned tourist attraction.  Hell, the drama department and history department should be acting all over the place including downtown, every day and every night.  I Know, it would probably get political, nowadays.  Fuck it. Everything else is. They should figure it out and do it.  If, the city and the university ever combined efforts, there would be enough support, financial and otherwise to keep it going.  It is was planned out and done right.  If bullfrogs had wings they wouldn't scrape their stomachs when they jumped, too.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: October 25, 2021, 01:36:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree with you 100% Ky. El Paso is weak sauce when it comes to UTEP sports. Heck, they don't realize that if you bring in people to watch their schools at the sun bowl that they have to stay someplace and that place is downtown El Paso close to the stadium. We have some lousy leaders in this town and it drives me nuts.

Conferences look at how pathetic UTEP sports is treated in our city so they ask themselves "why should we care when they don't give a Schiff." UGHHHHH!

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: October 25, 2021, 04:49:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • For starters, beat FAU and then UTSA.  Knock UTSA out of their Top 25 ranking. 

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: October 25, 2021, 05:24:22 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think I will blow a gasket if Miners can win both of those games. I'm so used to losing that ot might be weird for me.