Author Topic: Miners Tech Game  (Read 478 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Miners Tech Game
« on: October 16, 2021, 07:27:43 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The Miners are kicking ass!

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Miners Tech Game
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 08:47:19 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sixteen to three, including a safety at the half. This score is when the miners are kicking ass. The defense has be spectacular.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:56:11 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • no one seems to know what the attendance is. Bueller, Bueller, do you know the attendance?

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 09:15:31 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It?s all up to the D.  Our O is so bad

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 09:21:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The offense is perfect. I will explain later.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 09:32:24 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm not impressed with Hankins. now the miners he fumbled at the five yard line. another elpaso disappointment. too good for elpaso football but not div one ncaa football. the miners don't want to win it seems and if it hasn't been for the defense this would have been a la tech rout.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 09:33:20 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I?m pretty sure four turnovers is not perfect

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 09:33:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm came to the game 2nd half. We can't run against this team. Why doesn't Dimel do action plays, short passes, or Wild Cat? We are dominating them on D, we just can't get the right play calling.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 09:47:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I?m pretty sure four turnovers is not perfect

If I keep fumbling it is a ball security problem of mine.  They usually sit the player for that and not the entire offense.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 10:17:18 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Bowl bound baby! Great job Miners even if you came in as underdogs. You really put them dogs under too.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 12:00:32 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Gentlemen, we are 6-1.
    It's a shame I couldn't catch the 1st half, because I heard we killed it. 2nd half was all defense & NO offense.
    1) We freakin' won.
    2) Our defense is freakin amazing. Who would have thought the Miners would ever be known for defense.
    3) Offense needs some work.
    4) Play calling seems horrible in the 2nd half, but I now understand it's a strategy to use up clock. I just wish Dimel would pull away.
    5) These kids have gained some hard confidence.
    I will also do what I said I'd do if this team had a winning season & that is eat crow. I am eating crow and admit I wrong. I don't mind, however, because I want this team to do well. Anyway, I look forward to seeing this defense continue to impress and hoping this offense finds a way to close.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 06:36:08 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Incredible performance by the Defense.  They play with a chip on their shoulder and are just freaking dominant.  Absolutely shut down a very effective offense as proven against ranked teams.  This may be the best D I have ever seen in a Miner uniform.  They will keep them in games and give an opportunity to win every game.  Think about this -- the last two games, the opposing offense scored a total of 16 points.  Our defense scored 11.

Dimel has absolutely done the job of turning things around.  Given the state of talent at UTEP when he took over vs now is incredible.  Kudos to him.

Our offense scored 17 points, had 385 yards of offense, and 37 minutes TOP.   I have no problem with going to the ball control offense when we are up, given the strength of the D.  My statement that our offense isn't very good still stands.  A good offense doesn't turn it over 4 times, and have that many opportunities to come away with at least 3 and end up with nothing.  I do still criticize Dimel a bit for play calling.  I don't want to be more aggressive in these situations, but ball control can involve more than running between the tackles.  That screen to the RB over the middle was one example.  You can chew up more clock if you make first downs.  No matter how good the D is, you can't put them in a hole that many times and expect them to save your bacon every time.  Boise was an example of this.

Special teams looked a lot better this time.

At this point I think every game is winnable, with UNT and Rice being "should win" games.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to knock off one or more of UAB, FAU, and UTSA.  They are legit teams, but I'm not sure at this point that any of them are dominatingly better than us.  And with a solid D, they might give us our best chance at a bowl win we have had.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 01:01:52 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • As to the boise st. game I am very happy to see that the only team that had the capability to beat us also was able to beat a no.10 byu team. That says a lot for your team. At the point of that game the secondary was pretty pathetic and it seems that the coaches took it to heart to teach them a few tricks as the interceptions have proven. I think that if the game with boise was played right now they'd be like byu was with them, surprised and scared.

Congratulations Miners, you have made this die hard Miner fan very happy. Just keep it up and by the way don't look at any old Miner football videos it might be catching. Look at YOUR videos you deserve it.