Author Topic: If we win this next game  (Read 829 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: If we win this next game
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 03:31:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I will say this with the utmost confidence.  I have done more stupid shit than anyone else in the Den by a factor of at last 5.  So stupid that you nor anyone else will ever know the depth and breadth of my stupid things done.  But trust me.  I am the champion.  But, I do know shit none of you will ever know, have had experiences none of you will ever have.  Not sure I'd call it wisdom.  More like leads to wisdom.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 04:16:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • On attendance. 
    The students have never attended the games.  Not since the early 80s when I started going to UTEP.  It has been the alumni and their families, basically.  When the team was not embarrassing, the extra people came to the games because it was a cheap party/event.  The years of 1 and 2 win seasons take their toll.  There are people who are into self-flagellation.  But, not that many.  Most people don't like getting humiliated.  Then, when it turns cold, getting humiliated while being physically uncomfortable becomes even less desirable.  And now, my wife and I are just more comfortable rooting for our teams comfortably. 

This team and this game have collided and not just come together.  The team is looking for respect, stamped with an invitation to a bowl game.  A win, would bring some credibility to the coach's seemingly faithless, baseless promises made, with no evidence of any progress.  Even the hopeless can give up hope and turn to resignation.  It is a survival strategy.  Getting them back to hope can be tough, especially if they have been fooled before.  For the team's players it could be a huge step, and a very measurable step in the growth and in the validation of their work.  Nothing in the whole wide world breeds success like success.

The attendance will be poor because the Miners are big underdogs this week.  If they win, and then travel to Florida and win!?! the UTSA game would be packed.  That would be the game of the year in CUSA!  So, the attendance will do what the team dictates it to do. Just win, baby!
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 06:48:32 PM by kyyote »

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 10:42:15 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This link was just posted on the monkeys-flinging-poo board and is a really positive take on the game.  If I am reading their stats right, UTEP defense is 5th!!! in the country at havoc

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/college-football-odds-picks-for-louisiana-tech-vs-utep-saturday-october-16