Author Topic: Hey NMSU Sucks...  (Read 889 times)

kuhlero

• 2015 Football Official Prediction Thread Champion
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile

Chanson

• 2017-17 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
Re: Hey NMSU Sucks...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:08:07 AM »
I never wish any ill on any educational systems. NMSU is important to the area. If we didn't have a little brother to whip on, then we would have no one to whip on. The one eye poker they get us with is in basketball, but everything else is obvious. I hope they recover.

Go Miners

liebestraum

• Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:53:42 AM »
I'm with Chanson on this.  While most of us see NMSU as a sports rival, I also happen to know good people who work there.  I almost ended up as a math professor there myself.  At least one of my colleagues at Sam Houston received her PhD in mathematics from NMSU.  It pains me to see they are having to cut faculty positions - that's going to have an impact in the area.

I hope they can recover as well.

lieb

UTEPDefense

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 12:48:17 PM »
According to this article, UTEP has 24,000 students, yet the student section at both football and basketball games rarely get to half full.  Correcting this disconnect should be a top focus for the athletic/marketing department.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »
I think it's kind of sad that we have the same budget as them with a lot more students.  Our budget should be larger.

kuhlero

• 2015 Football Official Prediction Thread Champion
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
FK'em

Chanson

• 2017-17 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »

Haskins Fan

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 10:44:38 PM »
According to this article, UTEP has 24,000 students, yet the student section at both football and basketball games rarely get to half full.  Correcting this disconnect should be a top focus for the athletic/marketing department.

I rather see the students excel in the class room than in the games; which is supposed to be their primary goal.

Go Miners...

UTEPDefense

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 11:00:10 PM »

I rather see the students excel in the class room than in the games; which is supposed to be their primary goal.

Go Miners...

We can not get a full student section because all of our 24,000 students are excelling in the classroom on Saturday Nights instead?

Minermojo

• 2014 AND 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »
FK'em

I share Kuh's opinion. I hate EVERYTHING about that school. I know it won't happen but if it wasn't there UTEP would grow as large as Central Florida U., the F_U's, etc. There would be only two schools close by to Las Crucens and that would be UNM or UTEP. I would venture to say most would pick UTEP because of its closeness. But, other than that I just don't like that school or anything about it. Call me what you want but that's my opinion.
Revelation 3:20

zyxwvutsru

• Explosives Supervisor
  • I walk the line between chaos and the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 02:09:30 PM »

Go Miners...

We can not get a full student section because all of our 24,000 students are excelling in the classroom on Saturday Nights instead?
No, we can't get a full student section for many reasons, least of which is that of those 24k students, about half work more than 20 hours a week. About half take care of a family member (elderly or child), and about half don't give two shits about a sub-.500 football team.

Also, Fuck NMSU. Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish. 

UTEPDefense

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
Yes, but we can't get a full student section for Saturday Night basketball games either.  It is not just an issue with football.  I feel that this is a big issue that we can't get 2,000 out of 24,000 students to attend every basketball game, which is free to them!  But I guess my expectations are too high.

Haskins Fan

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »
This is not a UTEP issue. 90 % of the mid majors can't fill out their student sections.
Back in the 80's and 90's it was hard to get a ticket. It seems like the passion for sports
dwindle.

Go Miners...

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »
It's hard to get too excited about what is essentially a glorified pickup game between a bunch of players you haven't seen last year and won't see next year.

liebestraum

• Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:21 PM »
It's hard to get too excited about what is essentially a glorified pickup game between a bunch of players you haven't seen last year and won't see next year.

Bingo!

+1

lieb