Author Topic: Congratulations Coach Kugler and the Team  (Read 1128 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
Congratulations Coach Kugler and the Team
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:36:50 PM »
Kugler has done one thing that I have to give him credit for.  He wants fighters, and tonight it was the fight in the dog that won that dog fight.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations Coach Kugler and the Team
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:41:24 PM »
I was afraid they were going to blow it by going back to run, run, run in OT.  Finally Kug pulled his head out of his backside and let Metz win it for him.  If he'd take the shackles off Metz, he'd be a hell of a QB.

Minermojo

• 2014 AND 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 09:43:51 PM »
We finally saw a passing game and that was the BIG difference. Metz really played his heart out as well as the rest of the team, both sides of the ball. From the start of the season how many of us were screaming for Kuglar to throw the ball but it finally done dawned on him that giving the ball 40 times a game to Aaron without passing wasn't gonna cut it. If coach continues with this philosophy I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you Falcon for missing that 3 pointer. When I saw how close it would have been I said it's over.

On to ODU. Go Miners!
Revelation 3:20

Chanson

• 2017-17 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 11:02:43 PM »
I think the OD was able to spread the field nicely. Yes there was more running, but some of that passing kept UTSA on their toes. No doubt Metz is our starting QB.

I'm still not sold on the year. Not even close. This was a great win for those kids though.

UTEPDefense

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 02:03:08 AM »
Tonight the Miners were the true definition of fighters.  They fell down by 14 points in the first half, but fought back to tie it.  They fell down again by 14 points in the second half, but fought back to tie it.  And then they were even down by 8 points in one of the Overtimes, but fought back to tie it yet again.  Unfortunately, life as a Miner fan can be tough at times, but tonight is one of the nights where we get to enjoy an exciting victory and feel good!

AnotherMiner

• Mole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »
It was great watching your team just not give up.  Go Miners!

utep2step

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:23:56 AM »
What a game. One for the UTEP football history books. Dawn is going to be awesome. This kid is getting great experience. Kugler can salvage this season with this game and build for next year.