Author Topic: Kugler Takes Responsibility By Blaming Players  (Read 1367 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
Kugler Takes Responsibility By Blaming Players
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:56:02 AM »
I have not been impressed with the "no bullshit" straight talker since his Tactless beginning. Here is his take on his team's play;

We missed some tackles in the second half.  It was clear to see, UTEP coach Sean Kugler said after his team gave up 499 yards (258 rushing, 241 passing).  We had them wrapped up in the backfield a few times, especially third downs, third and two, third and three, we didnt finish the tackles and didnt finish plays.

Oh and there's this(regarding the penalty on a pass;

It was a killer one, Kugler said.  That usually results in guys not moving their feet.  But its something that we emphasized all week.  It was a cleaner [game] but again, a big penalty came in a critical situation.

But here comes our broad shouldered coach:

This has got to be fixed by myself and the staff, Kugler said.  I assume full responsibility and I always will, and Ill never give up on these kids.  I hope they stick together and stick with each other and I hope they stick by me because I want a team of fighters and right now I acknowledge were not a good team.  Were 1-5.  We have half a season left.  Theres a lot still to play for.  Its my responsibility to get the most out of the players and Ive got to evaluate myself because right now Im not getting the most out of the players.  That falls on me and I understand that.

Don't you just love it when coaches and politicians take "full responsibility"?  No shit, Sherlock! You recognize that, do you?  Of course you are responsible!  Who did you think WE THOUGHT was responsible?  That is head coaching, right there. WE KNOW WHO IS THE ARCHITECT AND BUILDER of the shack.  We really didn't need you to clear that up for US.  Maybe it was him just now realizing it.  This shit is your shit, Sean!  And the fans aren't confused at all.  We know it isn't the players, and if it is the players you are responsible for them, you idiot!

He is insane!  He is going to stand by his players!?!  You fucking idiot!  He wants a team of fighters!  He has built a one armed team that he puts in the ring to get beaten like a red headed step-child and says he wants fighters!  Seriously. He is not right in the mind.  He isn't getting the most out of his players!  Once again, it is the players.  He kind of takes the blame by blaming them.  It is his fault they aren't playing winning football.  It is my fault that it is their fault.  This has got to be fixed by him and his staff!!  They have to fix the players.  Not the coaching.  Not his stupid one armed offensive philosophy.  Nope.  The coaches have to get to work fixing the players.  That is the way to take responsibility.

"Its my responsibility to get the most out of the players and Ive got to evaluate myself because right now Im not getting the most out of the players.  That falls on me and I understand that.

You sir, are a fucking idiot.  You time has come and gone.  That shit about not needing to be told, well that was just more bullshit coming from the "NO Bullshit" guy.  I call the No Bullshitter out as being the best no bull bullshitter I've ever seen.  He has that hard guy countenance down pat, doesn't he.  Monday he will be talking about the players.  The team needs to get healthy.  Anyone in the Den want to say why we can't keep healthy enough to field a decent team?  Fucking players.  Kugler and his staff needs to stand by them though.

Sean, there must be a team that needs an offensive line coach.  Time to head over to Kinkos and get some resumes printed up.  You may want to leave off the recent stint in El Paso.  Emphasize your commitment to personal responsibility.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 10:02:26 AM by kyyote »

stanman505

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
Re: Kugler Takes Responsibility By Blaming Players
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 08:44:28 AM »
Well said.  I am sick of his act.  If UTEP doesn't have a massive little cheerleader show at our next home game attendance will be less that 10k

UTEPDefense

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »
I can't disagree, results have proven you right and me wrong.

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 01:58:28 PM »
I don't really want to be right. I hate winning the opt by picking the Miners to lose. That isn't winning.

SHYMINER

• Mole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »
Since the army game, I really cant stand hearing his typical bullshit comments... Still half a season, but I doubt it changes.. When FIU, is kicking your ass... UTSA is going to be out for blood after the last game in SA against the Miners...

Minermojo

• 2014 AND 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
  • Explosives Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
There was a good article about Bob having a lot of patience and being a favorite for coaches. Kug said that he knows what happens when coaches can't win and he sounded like he WOULD step down if he saw that he can't bring a winning football team. I know the writer also "kinda" criticized him for lack of creativity.
Revelation 3:20

utep2step

• Mine Foreman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 10:39:13 AM »
Speaking as the left of center democrat that I am and who Kyyote loves and admires so much, I would say I agree with his sentiments regarding Kugler but I feel to go hug a tree, breathe in some blue sky Dakota farm air, pet a kitten, knit my sister a sweater, finish watching a 80's Disney cartoon movie, twinkle my toes between some soft green grass, watch falling stars off Rim Road........ah fuck it, who am I kidding! Kyyote is spot on and the first may I add to smell the Kugler BS a mile away.

Kugler wanted to prove to the college football world that old style, Jim Thorpe football is alive and well. Well, it isn't. Sad part is that UTEP was his testing lab and open for many to see.  Social engineering experiment failed Kug. Nothing personal, just some don't need reminded anymore of those "Bottom 10" days.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:41:50 AM by utep2step »